You need to remove the hard drive from your laptop and connect it to an USB hard drive adapter.
You need access to a computer that has Internet access then download and instal the Recuva program.
Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted from your iPod, or by bugs, crashes and viruses!
- Put the memory card into an USB card reader and plug it into the USB port in your computer, then run the Recuva program.
- Simple to use interface - just click 'Scan' and choose the files you want to recover
- Easy to use filter for results based on file name/type
- Simple Windows like interface with List and Tree view
- Can be run from a USB thumb drive
- Restores all types of files, office documents, images, video, music, email, anything.
- Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems
- Restores files from removable media (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, Digital cameras, Floppy disks, Jazz Disks, Sony Memory Sticks, Compact Flash cards, Smart Media Cards, Secure Digital Cards, etc.)
- Restores files from external ZIP drives, Firewire and USB Hard drives
- It's fast, tiny and takes seconds to run!
Go to these WEB sites to down Recuva http://download.cnet.com/Recuva/3000-2242_4-10753287.html www.filehippo.com/download_recuva
After installing this program plug the USB adapter and hard drive into the USB port of this computer and run the Recuva program on the USB hard drive to recover your files and backup your files.
You may need to reinstall Windows on your laptop after you install the hard drive back into the laptop.