There are 2 possible options, one is installing the driver or if you're on vista installing the update to connect the device.
What you need to do is unistall the driver for the device and reinstall it using the CD.
1. With the device connected go to the control panel
2. Search "driver" in the search box at the top right hand side of the screen
3. Choose the "device manager" option. If a pop up appears just choose continue.
4. At the bottom of the list open the menu for the "Universal Serial Bus Controllors" if it is not already open.
5. Double click on the "Panasonic IC Recorder" choice to open a new menu
6. Click on the "driver" tab
7. At the bottom of the list is the "uninstall driver (Advanced)" button, click it
8. After the driver is uninstalled disconnect the device from the PC
9. Reconnect the device, and it will bring up a new pop up. Choose the "Install Driver" option, it should be the first
10. It will then ask you to insert the CD that came with the device, just insert disc 1 in to the CD tray
Vista takes over from there and installs the driver for you and now your device will show the PC on the screen.
Hope that helps!