Question about LG 42PX3DCV 42 in. Plasma EDTV
I just bought an LG Plasma, it worked for about 20 mts. I then shut it down.
After 2 hours when I opened it, the speakers were making loud fizz noises in short bursts, the video was fine and couldnt hear any audio except for the fizzes in short bursts. Have the speakers been damaged?
The noise is coming when I select AV In or Component In or anything as input. The noise comes even when nothing is connected to the TV and it is far away from any other cord or appliance.
Yes I believe you have a hardware failure in your audio amp IC. In some cases, a speaker will cause all the audio to distort, but its very rare for a speaker to cause this issue. If you just got it, you can return for a quick resolution, or contact a local repair center for a new main board replacement.
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2016 | LG 60PZ750 60 in. 3D HD-Ready Plasma TV
Jul 29, 2012 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Apr 03, 2012 | Televison & Video
Apr 03, 2012 | Vizio 42 in. LCD TV
Apr 02, 2012 | LG Electronics 42 in. LCD Tv
Apr 02, 2012 | LG Televison & Video
Apr 01, 2012 | Televison & Video
Mar 31, 2012 | Panasonic TH-50PX75U Plasma HDTV
• Check the antenna/cable connections (see Chapter 2).
• The station may have broadcast difficulties. Try another channel.
• The sound may be muted. Press VOLUME.
• If you hear no sound, try setting the MTS feature to STEREO mode (page 81).
• Make sure the SPEAKERS function in the AUDIO SETUP menu is set correctly (page 83).
• If you are not receiving a second audio program from a known SAP source, make sure the MTS feature is
set to SAP mode (page 81).
• If you hear audio that seems "incorrect" for the program you are watching (such as music or a foreign
language), the SAP mode may be on. Set the MTS feature to STEREO mode (page 81).
• When using an external audio amplifier, if you connect the amplifier to the VAR. AUDIO OUT jacks, the
volume of the TV and amplifier must be set above 0 or you will not hear any sound (page 20).
Dec 03, 2010 | Toshiba 57HX94 57 in. HDTV Television
Oct 13, 2009 | LG LHB977 Theater System
167 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: