Question about OKI C5400dn Led Printer
Just check the cyan leeds head and clean it, or check the cyan drum.
Posted on Jan 17, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2014 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 19, 2014 | OKI C5200n Laser Printer
Jan 28, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
This issue will only occur if an ink cartridge(s) is or was installed inthe wrong position (slot) in the machine. When a cartridge is installed, the ink tube system is filled with the ink from the cartridges, to prepare the machine for printing. If the cartridge is inthe wrong position the tube will fill with the wrong color.
NOTE: If you just installed or replaced the ink cartridges and your printed documents are missing colors please refer to the solution - I just installed or replaced my ink cartridge and my printed documents aremissing colors. What can I do? Blank
To resolve this issue you will need to clean the print head.
NOTE: It may require 10 to 15 cleanings to clean the ink tubes and print head. During the cleaning process, the ink in the cartridge(s) will be consumed. Additional ink cartridges may be required to completethe cleaning process.
1. First verify the position of the ink cartridges:
a. Open the ink cartridge cover and check to make sure the ink cartridges are in the correct order.
b. Starting from the left side, the correct order is Black, Yellow, Cyan(blue), and Magenta (red).
- If the ink cartridges are installed in the correct order, close the ink cartridge cover and continue to STEP 2.
- If the ink cartridges are not in the correct order, remove the ink cartridges that are installed in the wrong position by pressing down on the release lever(s), located above the ink cartridge and remove the cartridge(s) from the machine.
Next, reinstall the ink cartridge(s) in the correct position in the machine by gently pushing the cartridge in until it clicks.
When all the cartridges are installed, close the ink cartridge cover.
2. After closing the ink cartridge cover, the LCD will prompt - Did youchange XXXX (XXXX = the color) This message will be displayed for ink cartridge that was removed. Press the - (Minus Key for No). This willkeep accurate data of how much ink is left in the cartridge.
1. Press the INK key.
2. Press OK to select Test Print.
3. Press OK to select Print Quality.
4. Press the COLOR START key.
5. Review the Check Sheet. The colors on the Check Sheet should be in a specific order: Black, yellow, Cyan (Blue) and Magenta (red).
a If the colors on the Check Sheet are in the correct order and are notmissing any dashes, press + (Plus Key for Yes) on the key pad and continue to STEP 7.
b If the colors on the Check Sheet are not in the correct order, are missing dashes or blank or a color other than Black, Yellow, Cyan or Magenta printed press - (Minus Key for No) on the key panel and continueto STEP 6.
6. The machine will need to perform cleanings to flush out the incorrectcolor or dried ink from the ink tubes and print head.
a. The LCD will ask you BLACK OK. If black is fully printed and is the correct color, press + (Plus Key for Yes). If it#s blank, missing dashes or is the incorrect color, press - (Minus Key for No).
b. The LCD will ask you COLOR OK. If any of the 3 colors (yellow, cyan (blue), and magenta (red) are fully printed and are the correct color, press + (Plus Key for Yes). If it#s blank, missing dashes or is the incorrect color, press - (Minus Key for No).
c. The LCD will say START CLEANING + for YES and - for NO. Press + for YES to start cleaning. The machine will go through a cleaning cycle that will take approximately one to two minutes.
d. After the cleaning is completed, the LCD will say PRESS START. Pressthe BLACK START key. This will print out the print quality check sheet again for you to check and see if your print quality issue has been resolved or not
NOTE: If you wait 1 minute after the cleaning cycle is completed, the display will return to date and time. You will need to go back to STEP 3 to print the Print Quality Check Sheet again.
e. If the ink color order is correct and all of the dashes are present, press + on the key pad to select YES and continue to STEP 7.
If the colors on the Check Sheet are not in the correct order, are missing dashes or blank or a color other than Black, Yellow, Cyan or Magenta printed press - key to select NO. Repeat the cleaning process byfollowing STEPS 6a through 6d. You may have to perform this procedure up to 15 times in order to clean the ink tubes and print head
NOTE: During the cleaning process, the ink in the cartridge(s) will be consumed. Additional ink cartridges may be required to complete the cleaning process.
7. Test by printing the document that had the reported problem (wrong color printing).
Dec 08, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Aug 13, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!