Re: Message Stuck in Outbox - and Cannot Send Text
I had the same issue today. I had a stuck message in the outbox and no messages created after it would get sent. I tried deleting all messages and all were deleted but the first. I then went to the message in the outbox and clicked on more and moved the message to drafts. I then was able to send a text message. I went to the drafts folder and then deleted the message. I hope this helps.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is one way I've found to delete an email stuck in the outbox (which is what it "sounds like" you are asking...)
1. change ya smtp settings so the message defo wont send!
2. send a test email to anyone
3. it will attempt to send but oversiously fail...
4. hopefully the outbox should be listed with 1 message waiting to go out...
5. if not, try going into the Activity Window and canceling the send command, that should show it up...
6. click the Outbox and the will be one message listed...
7. goto View -> then Show Favourites Bar
8. you should see a favourites bar appear...
9. simply drop and drag the Outbox into your favourites bar...
10. if you restart ur laptop or close mail and then the Outbox has disappeard, simply click the Outbox in you favourites tab and woop woop it should appear in the Side Bar
Typically messages will be stuck in the outbox because they are unable to send. Usually because of large file attachments or server availability. If you are using outlook, try taking outlook offline then delete the messages. The option should be under the file menu and say something like 'work offline'. Once you delete the messages, don't forget to put yourself back online!
1 move the text that can't be deleted from OUTBOX to DRAFTS
2 if you still can't delete it go to SETTINGS-FLIGHT MODE select SHOW at STARTUP
3 switch phone OFF and ON again. select FLIGHT MODE at the beginning. switch phone OFF and ON again
4 select NORMAL MODE if asked. go to DRAFTS and delete that message
Had a similar problem myself (Sony Ericsson W890i) - just a plain old SMS message got 'queued' in the outbox, and all further messages I tried to send got sent to the outbox too without ever being sent.
What I did was delete all the messages that I could from the outbox (5 out of the 6 which had been 'queued'), and the one remaining message that I could not delete I cancelled, sent it to the Drafts folder, and then Saved it (to the SIM). I then switched off the phone, took out the SIM card, put it in my old Sony Ericsson handset, switched that on, went to the Messages folder and deleted this one troublesome SMS message from the 'Saved' sub folder. Replaced the SIM in my current handset, and sending messages thereafter was no problem. Hope it works for you too!
I had the same problem and I read on down and saw someone's phone was stuck in flight mode. I remembered that for some reason, my phone was in flight mode the other day, so I went in and took it off. I realized the problem had been since that time. So, I put the phone back in flight mode and was able to delete the message from my outbox. I put it back in normal mode and now I can send texts. Yes!!!!