Question about Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic Breeze? QUADRA GP Silent (SI861) (2 Pack) Air Purifier
I bought 2 ionic breeze quadra GP silent air purifiers and both have stopped working within the last few months. It seems like if there is no power. Is there anything I can do before thrashing it?
Okay, after working on my Ionic Breeze Quadra I have fixed it. My problem was it wouldn't turn on even though the fins were clean.
2. Turn the machine upside down (there are 4 screws holding the bottom stand on) remove the screws
3. once bottom is off there are 2 screws sideways helping the hold the 2 sides together. Remove those 2 screws.
4. Turn the machine uprgiht and remove the middle fins (the ones you clean)
5. Remove the 4 screws that are deep in the 4 holes when you look down inside (you can't see the screws, I had to feel for them with a phillips head narrow screwdriver)
(it will be easier if your screwdriver has magnetic head for next step.)
6. after removing the 4 screws gently work lose the top (part that has the little lights and turn on push switch)
7. turn the breeze on its side, you will find about 5 or 6 tiny screws holding the two sides of the outside louver case together. Remove all these screws. You will be thankful for the magnetic end, I have small fingers and still had a problem catching the little screws.
8. You want to take off the screws from both sides but only remove one side.
9. Being careful of the wires (I left that side alone) I worked from the wire free side and using a bottle of rubbing alcohal and lots and lots of q-tips I gentle cleaned off all the gunk on all the little metal pieces at the bottom of the breeze (on the inside where the wires are). Clean as good as you can, you will find the metal pieces covered with what looks like tar but it comes off with the alcohal.
10. Using a can of 'canned air' like you'd use for a computer, gently blow the rest of the breeze parts getting all the dust away but being careful not to damage the electronics. (there are a lot of little computer boards). I didn't find any dust in the electrical parts in the very bottom of the breeze, just above where the fins are and some at the top where the controls are.
11. I cleaned the 1/2 I took completely off with some rubbing alcohal, gets that **** off pretty good but didn't mess with the side with the wires, just blew the dust out, gently cleaned a bit and on the outside.
12. To put back together, first I gently put the outer middle pieces together and then gently put the control top back on and replaced those 4 screws. Then I put the 10 or 12 tiny screws back into the middle, then the 2 screws in the bottom sides and 4 screws putting the stand back on. I stood it up, plugged it in (make sure its dry) and turned it on and the light came on and it is working great.
I've had mine for 3 years so I think they occasionally need a thorough cleaning. Except for the canned air I bought nothing else. Everyone has rubbing alcohal and q-tips in their homes. When I first started I didn't know how to dismantle it and tried to clean the inside with long q-tips but it was too hard. Those little metal pieces in the bottom make some sort of connection to the fins we pull out and clean so I guess they need good contact.
I hope I've helped all of you with the problem of the Ionic Breeze Quadra and I suspect any other iconic breeze type machine by sharper image pretty much comes apart the same way and may have the same problems. I don't know how to post this so that everyone can see it as a general solution. Maybe you guys at FixYa can help with that. --- Harry Potter Without the Wand (and a female to boot!)
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
How do you remove the grills? It took me a while but I figured out...... for the larger grill that covers the UV light, there is a small tab that you can press down, once it is pressed, you simple slide the grill upward, then it can be removed. For the smaller grill on the other side, you simply remove the 4 small screws first, then you slide the grill upward to remove it.
Now for the tough question, my GP Ionizer won't turn on...... I followed many expert's suggestions to thoroughly cleaned all surfaced inside, & re-assembled the ionizer back together, but it still will not turn on. This is very frustrating...... I just hate to throw away something like this that still looks good & cost me $hundreds of dollars, & after a whole day trying to take it apart & did a complete cleaning........ Any more expert help will certainly be appreciated.
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2015 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Sep 08, 2010 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Jul 14, 2010 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Nov 14, 2009 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Jul 13, 2009 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Sep 27, 2014 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
2,512 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!