Question about Whirlpool ED2FHEXN Side by Side Refrigerator
I have the same iceing issue on my Whirlpool freezer. I agree that the ice cube door is open a little and could let humidity in, but it always seemed to be open a little in the past. Is there a defroster coil in this area that could have gone bad? I'm planning on replacing the "spring" that is suppose to help keep this door better shut, but how do I get to it? Do I attack this from outside the door? Can i remove the plastic trim around the front ice/water dispenser, to get at this area? There doesn't seem to be a way to get at it from inside the freezer door. There's no screws behind the air gasket etc... Do you know of any free, on-line manuals that would help? (I'm fairly mechanical and electrical and would like to give it a try) thanks, paul
Paul, there shouldn't be any gap on the flapper and there is no defrost coil by the flapper. You are going to have to see if the pin retainer has cracked off the housing. If so, there is a kit, part number 8201756 that will repair this. I will try to attach a photo of how to get at the insides, but it might be too large for this site to handle. If it doesn't fly, leave your e-mail and I will send it there. The kit has complete instructions on the install..Catriver..post back.
Posted on Oct 23, 2006
1. Not sure if it is required, but first remove the drip tray.
2. If you look at the bottom of the faceplate you should say two gaps where you can insert a screw driver or small pry bar (careful not to scratch your finish)... Pry away starting at the bottom, and then the top should just come off.
3. There will be wiring connected to the back of this, be sure to document the connection pattern of the wires so there is no confusion when reassembling.
4. Pull out circuit board, which should have some visible snaps.
5. DO NOT disconect the circuit board or you will have a mess of wiring to figure out.
6. your dispenser cup should be easy to reach now.
Posted on May 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2013 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Jul 11, 2011 | Refrigerators
Jan 22, 2011 | Whirlpool 25.4 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Jan 19, 2011 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Oct 21, 2010 | Whirlpool GI5FSAXV Bottom Freezer French...
Aug 15, 2010 | Whirlpool GS6NBEXR Side by Side...
Nov 02, 2009 | Whirlpool ED2FHEXN Side by Side...
Nov 06, 2008 | Whirlpool GC5SHEXNS Side by Side...
Oct 13, 2007 | Whirlpool Gold White-on-White 21.9 cu. ft....
1,360 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: