Question about Cameras
I cannot open the battery door on my camera. I had not used it for a while, and when I tried to open the battery door, it wouldn't budge. There are no batteries inside. I've pushed down on the tiny gray button, pushed toward the outside of the camera, just like the directions indicate, but it doesn't move.I've tried prying it open, but all I've done is nick up the button and plastic case.
No easy solution except:
1. Remove all 3 screws from body.
2. Carefully wedge off the back half of body.
3. The back half is connected to the front half by a small cable. Don't break this!
4. The door has a hinge pin. Wedge up and remove this pin.
5. With small screwdriver, wedge off the door from top. Should pop out.
6. Apply small amount of oil on sliding areas.
7. Reinsert door. If still stuck, see step 5.
8. Reassemble camera back and screw down.
9. The reason for sticking is unknown, but door can still be removed by popping off as in step 5.
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 27, 2016 | Sony Cybershot DSC-W7, DSC-W5,...
Jan 05, 2014 | Sony Cybershot DSC-F505, Cybershot...
Sep 07, 2012 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S500 Digital Camera
Sep 23, 2011 | Sony Cybershot DSC-N1, DSC-N2, DSC-G1,...
Jan 20, 2011 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S500 Digital Camera
Mar 18, 2010 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S40 Digital Camera
Sep 26, 2009 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S500 Digital Camera
Sep 22, 2009 | Sony Cybershot DSC-T200 Digital Camera
Mar 18, 2008 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera
260 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!