Question about Aiwa PX-E860 Turntable
above is a generic video that applies to almost all turntables including yours that will show how to install the belt an a few other things.
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
To replace a turntable drive belt.
Before starting any work on your turntable disconnect it from the mains power supply. Remove the stylus or complete headshell to prevent any accidental stylus damage.
1, Remove the rubber platter mat to expose the platter.
2. Put your thumb and forefinger through the two round holes and lift the platter off. You may need to give the centre spindle a light tap (whilst applying upward pressure) with a screwdriver handle or some similar tool that will not leave any marks or damage.
3. Remove the old belt and wipe the platter pulley and motor pulley with an alcohol swab to remove any old belt residue.
4. Place the new belt around the platter pulley making sure t is sitting flat without any twists.
5. Flip platter over the right way up. There are1or 2 larger rectangle shaped cut outs in the platter.
6. Through the cut out pinch up the belt and slip a finger or belt hook between the platter pulley and the belt gripping the belt ready to fit over the motor pulley.
7. Align the centre hole of the platter with the spindle and place platter back into position keeping a grip on the belt.
8. Slip belt over motor pulley and give the platter a light clockwise rotation to ensure the belt is riding correctly.
9. Replace the rubber mat and then run the turntable to ensure correct operation.
Styluscity can supply replacement drive belts for all model turntables.
Posted on May 31, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2011 | JVC AL A158BK Turntable
Aug 01, 2011 | Sony PS-LX250H Turntable
Apr 24, 2010 | Sony PS-LX250H Turntable
Apr 17, 2010 | Pioneer PL-990 Turntable
Jun 05, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 21, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 13, 2008 | Technics SL-1200MK2 Turntable
Nov 27, 2007 | GPX S7799 Shelf System
Aug 27, 2007 | Audio Technica AT-PL50 Turntable
1,289 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!