Question about Aiwa PX-E860 Turntable
above is a generic video that applies to almost all turntables including yours that will show how to install the belt an a few other things.
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
To replace a turntable drive belt.
Before starting any work on your turntable disconnect it from the mains power supply. Remove the stylus or complete headshell to prevent any accidental stylus damage.
1, Remove the rubber platter mat to expose the platter.
2. Put your thumb and forefinger through the two round holes and lift the platter off. You may need to give the centre spindle a light tap (whilst applying upward pressure) with a screwdriver handle or some similar tool that will not leave any marks or damage.
3. Remove the old belt and wipe the platter pulley and motor pulley with an alcohol swab to remove any old belt residue.
4. Place the new belt around the platter pulley making sure t is sitting flat without any twists.
5. Flip platter over the right way up. There are1or 2 larger rectangle shaped cut outs in the platter.
6. Through the cut out pinch up the belt and slip a finger or belt hook between the platter pulley and the belt gripping the belt ready to fit over the motor pulley.
7. Align the centre hole of the platter with the spindle and place platter back into position keeping a grip on the belt.
8. Slip belt over motor pulley and give the platter a light clockwise rotation to ensure the belt is riding correctly.
9. Replace the rubber mat and then run the turntable to ensure correct operation.
Styluscity can supply replacement drive belts for all model turntables.
Posted on May 31, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2017 | DBX Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 07, 2017 | Marantz SR6006 Home theater receiver...
Jan 07, 2017 | Akai Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 06, 2017 | The Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 06, 2017 | Aiwa Audio Players & Recorders
May 04, 2016 | Sony MDR-1RBT Bluetooth Headphones
Mar 14, 2016 | Audio Players & Recorders
May 21, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 23, 2009 | Altec Lansing ADA 880 Computer Speakers
1,255 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!