Question about Hitachi 50SBX78 50 in. Rear Projection Television
Just installed [Hitachi] model 53sbx01ba ultravision,after auto channel memory completed 6" letters appeared indicating CHILD LOCKED, using a one4all universal, menu functions okay, PIP will show momentarily while demonstration is ongoing,tried just about everything I could without any service manual or any success.Would that the truth were otherwise.
You had accidentaly enterd numbers into the tv and you do not remember.it dosnt matter what you do.you will never get it, the trick is that you will have to get the eprom or microchip lift off the set board to reset it self then put in back.that will solve your problem.good luck if you cannot do it get a tech.
Posted on Mar 27, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 22, 2012 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Dec 12, 2012 | Hitachi Televison & Video
Nov 28, 2012 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Mar 20, 2011 | Hitachi 43UWX10B 43" Rear Projection...
The List & Labels part of the setup lets you edit your channel list and choose or create a
personal six-character label for each channel.
Note: Changing List and Labels can be time consuming. You can change these at a later time by accessing the
1. Press the left or right arrow to scroll through the available channels and choose the
channel you want to edit.
2. Press the down arrow to highlight the In channel list option. Press the left or right arrow
button to add (the box is checked) or remove (the box is unchecked) the channel from the
3. Press the down arrow to highlight the Channel label option. Press the left or right arrow
button to scroll through the available list of 25 most common labels. The last option in
the list allows you to create your own six-character label for the channel (the first letter of
the label is highlighted).
4. Press the 1 or 2 number button to change the first letter of the label.
5. Press the right arrow to highlight the second letter, then press the 1 or 2 number button
to change the second letter, etc...
6. When you are finished creating your label, press OK. For model D34W20, your TV tunes to
the last channel available in your channel list. For models D40W20 and D52W20 only, the
Auto Convergence menu appears next.
Auto Convergence (for models D40W20 and D52W20 only)
Your TV's picture tubes might have been disturbed during delivery or after you moved the TV,
causing the color in your TV to be out of alignment. The colors adjust by starting auto
1. Press OK to begin auto convergence.
2. When the auto convergence is complete, the Red center convergence menu appears. The
cross in the middle of the screen should be yellow. If it is not, use the arrow buttons to
move the red cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK when adjustments are complete.
3. The Blue center convergence menu appears with a cyan cross in the middle of the screen. If
it is not, use the arrow buttons to move the blue cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK
(the TV tunes to the last available channel in the channel list).
Mar 16, 2011 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
Sep 30, 2017 | Hitachi Televison & Video
Sep 12, 2008 | Hitachi 51F500 51" Rear Projection...
Jan 07, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: