Question about InFocus ScreenPlay 4805 Multimedia Projector
There was a shadow on 1/3 of the screen and then 2 days later 3/4 and then no picture. the lamp checked out ok.
Let me start by saying that my projector is an InFocus Screenplay 4805, but that I have had the shadow you're talking about on the left foot or so of my screen for about 18 months now. I've researched it and found out that it has something to do with the glue holding something called a "Light Tube" in place heating up and essentially becoming liquid enough to allow this light tube to shift positions...the further out of position it gets the more of that "eclipse" effect you see on the screen. It sound like yours has shifted far enough that no light can pass through it at all.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2013 | Sanyo PLC-XE20 (Chassis XE2000)...
Mar 31, 2011 | Optoma HD8000 Projector
If the lamp usage time has passed 2 000 hours (when LAMP POWER has been set to NORMAL), the projector will switch to standby mode after approximately 10 minutes of operation. The resetting procedure should thus be completed within 10 minutes.
1. Insert the power cord plug into the wall outlet and then
press the MAIN POWER switch.
2. Press the POWER button so that a picture is projected onto
3. Press the MENU button to display the menu screen, and
then press the F or G button to select the OPTION menu.
4. Press the ENTER button, and then press the F or G button
to select LAMP RUNTIME.
5. Press and hold the ENTER button for approximately
3 seconds. The confirmation screen, "LAMP RUNTIME
RESET." is displayed and select OK.
6. Turn off the power.
This will reset the cumulative usage time for the lamp
unit to zero.
Mar 12, 2011 | Panasonic PT-AX100U-EC DLP Projector
Feb 16, 2011 | Optoma (BL-FU180A) Projector Lamp for...
Dec 22, 2010 | BenQ PB6110 Multimedia Projector
You need to reset the LAMP RUNTIME counter
1. Press the MENU button to display the menu screen
2. Press the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to select the "OPTION" menu
3. Press the ENTER button and then press the UP and DOWN button to select the LAMP RUNTIME
4. Press and hold the ENTER button for approximately 3 seconds
5. The LAMP RUNTIME screen will be displayed.
(Note: press any button other than the Power button to cancel the LAMP RUNTIME screen)
6. Press the POWER button to turn off the power
7. After the POWER button on the projector illuminates red you restart the projector
and check the LAMP RUNTIME counter it should be "0"
Nov 24, 2010 | Panasonic PT L735U Multimedia Projector
Nov 17, 2009 | NEC NP60 Projector
Jan 03, 2008 | BenQ PB7220 XGA DLP Projector Multimedia...
Apr 17, 2014 | InFocus ScreenPlay 4805 Multimedia...
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 1 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: