Question about Lexmark X5495 Printer
HOW DO I REMOVE MY PAPER JAM
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 18, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 29, 2012 | Canon MP640 All-In-One InkJet Printer
What this light sequence means that the printer has a paper jam.
When a paper jam occurs, the printer stops and the operator panel's Paper Jam light and Continue button lights come on. Press and release Continue twice quickly to display the specific secondary error paper jam light sequence.
How to clear Paper Jam
?· Press Continue button twice quickly to see the secondary error code.
To get the secondary error codes
?· When the Error light (!) and Continue button lights are both on, a secondary error has occurred.
?· When the Paper Jam light (4th light) and Continue button lights are both on, a paper jam secondary error has occurred.
?· Press and release Continue button twice quickly to display the secondary error code light sequence.
Press Continue button to resume printing once all the jammed pages are cleared from the paper path.
We recommend that you clear the entire paper path when a paper jam occurs.
To clear a paper jam:
1 If you are feeding paper from a tray, remove the tray, and then remove any jams.
2 Open the front cover and remove the print cartridge assembly.
NOTE: Do not leave the print cartridge assembly exposed to direct light for an Extended period of time. Extended light exposure can cause print quality problems.
3 Remove any jams in the area behind the print cartridge assembly.
4 Lift the flap at the front of the printer and remove any jams beneath the flap.
5 Open the rear exit and remove any jams.
6 After you have cleared the jams, reinstall the print cartridge assembly, make sure all printer covers and trays are closed, and then press Continue button to resume printing.
NOTE: The printer reprints the pages that caused the paper jam.
Jun 30, 2011 | Lexmark E232 Laser Printer
To clear a paper jam
1. Remove the paper from the paper tray.
2. If you are printing labels, verify that a label did not become detached from the label sheet while passing through the printer.
3. Turn off the printer.
4. Remove the rear access door. Press the handle to the right, and then pull out the door.
5. Remove the paper jam from the back of the printer, and then replace the rear access door securely.
6. If the paper jam cannot be removed from the back of the printer, raise the printer cover, remove the paper jam from the front of the printer, and then lower the cover.
Caution Remove the paper jam carefully as it is possible to damage the printer when removing paper from the front.
7. Reload paper in the paper tray.
8. Turn on the printer.
9. Reprint the document
if this does not help I would suggest installing a new driver from: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&docname=c00211293&product=1839853&
Trust this is helpful. :)
Dec 08, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Nov 30, 2010 | Lexmark E250dn Laser Printer
Oct 29, 2010 | Canon ImageClass D861 Printer
Sep 22, 2009 | HP Deskjet D2360 InkJet Printer
Feb 01, 2009 | Lexmark P6250 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Jan 29, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!