Question about Abit BX133-RAID Motherboard
I was given an Abit BX 133-Raid motherboard, case & power supply by a fellow ham radio operator. It was given to him. There wasn't a Users Guide, nor any other information as to the "specs" on this board.
Does anyone know where I might be able to locate one, preferably a printed one. I'm not the brightest crayola in the box and suffer from mild cognitive failure, a precursor to Alzheimer's. But, I want to get this computer going. As of now, I'm on a friend's computer and want to have one of my own.
Thanks in advance,
I can direct you to a link which will allow you to download the manual for the, Abit BX 133-Raid motherboard. (Abit no longer supports any downloads for this motherboard).
Other than the drivers for the board, the manual is the most needed item for any motherboard.
Click on this link;
To view the manual you will need to download & install, Adobe pdf reader. (This too is free).
Once the manual is opened into Adobe reader you can print the manual. Though printing is an option it's not the best option. It is best to view while in the PC. While being viewed in a PC you are able to zoom in & out which makes it easier to see the tiny details of the board. (Very helpful)!
You can download the motherboard chipset utility which will install most if not all of the drivers needed to run the parts on the motherboard.
Click on this next link: http://driverscollection.com/?file_id=5144
Lastly here are the specification for the board: (Also found in the manual).
1. Supports Intel Pentium® III Socket based processor
2. Supports Intel Celeron® Socket based processor
3. Reservers support for future Intel Pentium® III/Celeron processor
1. Intel®440BX chipset (82443BX and 82371EB)
2. Supports Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI)
3. Supports AGP 1X/2X (Sideband)3.3V device
Ultra DMA 100
1. High Point HTP370 IDE Controller
2. Ultra DMA 100MB/Sec data transfer rate
3. RAID 0(stripping mode for boosting performance)
4. RAID 1 (mirroring mode for data security)
5. RAID 0 +1(stripping and mirroring)
1. Three 168-pin DIMM sockets support SDRAM module
2. Supports up to 1GB MAX. (8, 16, 32, 64, 128,256MB SDRAM)
3. Supports ECC
1. SoftMenuTMIII Patent Technology and DIP switches to set CPU parameters
2. Award Plug and Play BIOS
3. Write-Protect Anti-Virus function by AWARD BIOS
4. Year 2000 Compliant
Multi I/O Functions
1. Two Channels of Bus Master IDE Ports supporting up to four Ultra DMA 33/66/100(up to 4 HDD devices)
2. Two Channels of Bus Master IDE Ports supporting up to four Ultra DMA 33 devices(up to 4 HDD devices)
3. PS/2 Keyboard and PS/2 Mouse Connectors
4. 1 Floppy Port (up to 2.88MB)
5. 1 Parallel Port (EPP/ECP)
6. 2 Serial Ports
7. 2 USB Connectors
1. 1 AGP slot, 5 PCI slots and 1 ISA slot
2. Hardware monitoring - Including Fan speed, Voltages,System environment temperature
3. Keyboard/Mouse/Password and Hot Key multifunction Power On.
4. Built-in Wake on LAN/Wake on Ring header
5. Built-in IrDA TX/RX header
You can also high-light this entire question & answer post & print all this.
Good luck Buck!
Have more questions? Post them here.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Apr 01, 2013 | Abit IP35-E Motherboard
Jan 31, 2011 | Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI Motherboard
Nov 14, 2010 | ASUS Computers & Internet
Jul 04, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 31, 2009 | MSI K8MM-V Motherboard
Jan 06, 2009 | Abit BX133-RAID Motherboard
Mar 15, 2008 | ASUS P5RD1-VM Motherboard
487 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: