Question about Computers & Internet
I have a Dell Dimension e521,Athlon 64x2 3800MHZ cpu, with a Nvidia Nforce 430 chipset,4 slots, 4GB max; I'd like to buy memory but I'm uncertain whether Corsair "xms2 2GB (2x1GB) 240 pin-DDR2 800 (pc2 6400) dual channel desktop memory kit" will work. Please see: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145177&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL110608&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL110608-_-Memory-_-L5C-_-20145177
I don't want to spend the money without a second opinion. I've received a lot of conflicting advice.
I would not do it since your computer is recomended for pc 4200(533) and that chip set is recomended for pc6400(800) this matters for the life of the other components not to mention that your computer won't post and could cause dammage, even though your board supports dual channel ddr2 , and I think you should get some memory that is not going to wear your computer down so that you end up having to worry about other repairs also , stay within the recomended speed , so no i wouldn't use those chips in there , and i wouldn't advise someone to do that , but i can see the deal you were looking at!
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2013 | Asrock Computers & Internet
Aug 30, 2011 | DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Motherboard
• HyperTransport 1.0 supporting speed up to 1000MT/s
• NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
• Supports Dual Channel DDR2 667/800
- 2 DDR2 DIMMs (240pin / 1.8V)
- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x16 slot.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x1 slot.
• Two PCI slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).
• One IDE port by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode
- Can connect up to two IDE devices
• Two SATA II ports by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s
- SATA II 1~2 supports RAID 0, 1 mode by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
May 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI Motherboard
Oct 08, 2009 | Dell Dimension E521 AMD Athlon 64 X2...
Jul 02, 2009 | Dell Dimension E521 AMD Athlon 64 X2...
Jun 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 02, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 30, 2008 | ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!