- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The fuse is there to protect your home in case something has gone wrong inside your microwave. Since the fuse has blown twice, you can safely assume that there is something wrong inside. It may be fixable, it may not be economic to fix it. Impossible to troubleshoot electronics without the unit and test equipment.
I am wondering which fuse is blowing?
There are at least two fuses fitted internally and in the UK at least another fitted in the plug of the supply lead.
It isn't wise for an unqualified person to replace the internal fuses of a microwave even if it is switched off as there is a capacitor inside that is capable of storing a dangerous amount of energy.
The reasons why a fuse blows is either because there is a poor connection close by that is generating a lot of heat or the the fuse rating is incorrect or of the wrong type (quick-blow instead of slow-blow) or the appliance is consuming more current than it should be.
Microwave ovens have a fairly simple working principle and there aren't many things to go wrong. When things do start to go wrong or components become tired it is usually translated into a loss of efficiency that can be measured by how long it takes to boil a measured quantity of water, for instance.
Periodically timing a measured quantity of water to boiling point is a good way to monitor the performance of a microwave and when efficiency falls significantly take it to the service shop before something destroys itself and causes more damage.
In my limited experience the magnetron could be failing but the internals of a microwave should remain a mystery to the unqualified.
I hope this helps a little.
Could be a lot of things but most probably a shorted high voltage diode assembly. If not that then the magaetron or capactors. Remember be careful there are high voltages even when the oven is unpluged. The capactors are usually charged and must be discharged. If you don't know what yor doing then time to get a qualfied tech.
Sounds like internal fault protection fuse blew. can be fixed by qualified technicians. their is very high voltage coils and capacitors within this unit and can cause harm or death instantly if not discharged properly.