I was reinstalling my firmware on my 5GB zen micro, because the mass storage area wasnt working, but then it Froze during instalation, so i unpluged it. The firmware was partially reloaded, so i uninstalled it and was trying to reinstall it, but each time i plug it in and attempt to reinstall it, the computer keep telling me that its not detecting the player.
Take out the battery, press and hold the ON switch and reinsert the battery. Hold the ON switch until the recovery menu appears shortly after the Creative Logo disappears. Selection option 3, which is to reload the firmware. Keep in mind that doing so will delete everything on the player.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try using a different computer or a different USB cable. It is possible that the Windows mass storage driver is having issues. You may also want to try to download the newest software from Creative and install that. You may also want to try to plug it in and then press the reset button and see if it detects it when it restarts. Also try putting an SD card into the expansion slot and see if it detects it as as mass storage device. If none of the above work and it is still under warranty (less than 90 days) I would send it to Creative for repair or replacement. If it is out of warranty, Creative's repair costs may not make it worth fixing. When my out of warranty player needed fixed they were going to charge 125 USD and I only paid 200 USD for it about a year earlier. When it finally got to be too hard to deal with I opted for an iPod. Granted they are more expensive but the support is better and the warranty is 1 year.
To Fix any problems with broken firmware form attempted “playsforsure” firmware updates etc where your pc finds it as a 20mb drive and it sits in recovery mode and does bugger all:
1. Uninstall all creative software & drivers 2. Uninstall Media Player 11 and Media Player 11 runtime (will require a reboot for each thing). This is done by going to add/remove programs and uninstalling (this will put your pc back to wmp10). 3. Re-install the Zen Driver from the creative website and reboot (I just reloaded Media Explorer using my ZMP install CD). 4, Plug Zen in. 5, Make sure you have the firmware update ready, run it but don’t click the language bit yet), leave the mouse hovering over your language selection. (for ZMP, just start firmware exe file, there is no language selection. You can get the firmware update from Creative’s site, go to SUPPORT and then DOWNLOADS). 6. On the Zen- select “reload OS” (on ZMP I believe it is Erase or Reload Firmware, something like that, don’t have it in front of me). 7. As soon as it flashes up “reload new firmware now via USB” click the language button 8. Now the pc should find it and allow you to re-load the firmware. (it may take a few attempts) 9. Once complete, click close and restart the pc. Everything should now be fine. 10. Once all is working, you can re-install WMP11 and it will work fine.
1. remove all creative software from your pc (do this from start menu/settings/control panel/add or remove programs)
2. Uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 11 runtime. This will rollback the pc to an earlier version of WMP.
3. Download the latest version of the zen driver from this location: http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ame=Windows+XP
4. Make sure the zen is not connected to the pc and install run the exe file to install the software on your pc. at some point, the install will tell you that the unit is not connected. Connect the unit to proceed. it will also notify you that you are replacing an existing software, or something to that effect. I accepted or said OK to this popup. Once the firmware is installed, my started to work fine. You can now reinstall WMP from microsoft website. Hope this works for you. you might want to verify that your new player has the latest firmware available, as this might address the unresponsive-button issue you're having. Firmware updates are surprisingly easy - you just download the firmware file from Creative's website, plug in your player, and double-click the downloaded file. It's that easy.