Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Print is fine in color and black and white but fades on the far right side of the paper in all colors. Can this be the fuser. As I have just replaced the drum.
This is caused by one of two things.
1) One of the handles on the toner cartridges is not seated all the way down. 90% of the time, this is the problem, and of that, most of the time it is the cyan cartridge that is not seated properly.
2) there is toner covering part of the print head. Sometimes this is just a temporary problem that can be fixed by simply cleaning the printhead lens with the cleaning wand. ( i will explain that in a moment). If cleaning the printhead works, but then the problem reappears shortly afterwards, then you have a more serious problem in that the developer housing for one of the toners is defective and leaking onto the printhead. When cleaning the printhead, make note of the most prominent color on the cleaning wand pad, as this is probably the defective housing's color.
To clean the print head
a) Open the front cover.
b) on the right hand side, slide the lite blue handle forward. This will open the access hole for the cleaning wand on the right hand side of the printer.
c) pull the cleaning wand out ALL OF THE WAY until it comes to a stop. Then slide the wand back in ALL THE WAY until it can not go in any further.
Repeat step "c" several times.
DO NOT move the wand back and forth unless you pull it all the way out and all the way back in. This will only smear the toner back and forth across the print head. when it is pulled all the way out it hits a lift that will lift it up and over the print head on the way back so it does not move backwards across the printhead.
the fuser is fine, and one of the two solutions above will fix your problem.
as I said though, if the problem is quick to return, then one of the developer housings are leaking.
Posted on Nov 17, 2008
FIG. 1 (before )
How to fix:
1. Take out each by each CMKC, then clean up their compatrment slot on the carousel.
2. Open rear door of printer, Take out the rolling assembly unit (see fig 3) by using screw driver (
2 screws in hole left and right; two at the bottom left and right)
4. Clean careefully the area that the blue clean rod is residing, above under and around the area).
5. Reinstalll. REmember reconnect the electriccal wire. If not you will get error 07-340 resatrt printer
6. Good luck
7. Dell 3100 CN fades on right side of page only - d6633d0.gifell 3000cn/3100cn
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2011 | Dell 946 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 17, 2010 | Dell 5100cn Laser Printer
Jan 28, 2010 | Brother DCP-330C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 05, 2010 | Dell 3100cn Laser Printer
Jun 03, 2009 | HP LaserJet 2840 Printer
May 26, 2009 | Dell 3100cn Laser Printer
Mar 18, 2009 | Dell 3100cn Laser Printer
Jan 05, 2009 | Samsung CLP 300 Laser Printer
Dec 19, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet...
May 21, 2018 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
1,017 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!