Take out all the cartridges and the papers..
unplugg the power cable from the printer..
manually slide the carriage from left to right and vice versa and roll the rollers in upward direction from the back after opening the back door..
if doesnt slide or roll..press & hold the power button for 60 seconds and then try again..
clean the inner area of the cartridge slot and the copper contacts of the cartridge with a soft lint-free cloth..
close the back door...
dont put the cartridges..
connect the power cable and power on the printer... Lights will blink..
Insert one cartridge in the respective slot and close the cartridge door and check if any light blinks..
then remove the cartridge and insert another one and check the same thing..
If light blinks..it will mean the respective cartridge is not good and replace it--
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
E5 means cartridges error - to fix press the
"stop\reset" button for 5-7 seconds and then release it.
You can also try this:
1) With the printer power turned off but connected to a power source, while pressing the Resume/Cancel
button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons.
The Power LED lights in green to indicate that a function is
2) While holding the Power button, release the
Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.)
holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and
then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the
Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately,
Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.)
When the Power LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the
specified number of time(s)according to the function listed in the table
below. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power
LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting
with Alarm LED.)
TRy HOLDING the power button (green) down and pressing the resume button (orange arrow) 10 times. Release both buttons. You may get a self-test print out of the printer after which, the resume button should be off. I just tried this on my printer and it worked. I do not know if fewer than 10 presses will work. I know 4 presses did not.
Please turn off the Computer and disconnect the AC Adaptor then remove the Battery. Next, try cleaning the metal contacts on the Battery and reseating the RAM modules.Then, connect only AC Adaptor to the Computer and try to turn it ON without the Battery. If the Computer doesn't turn ON then disconnect the AC Adaptor and insert the Battery then try turning ON the Computer. If the issue persists even after performing all the above steps then service will be required.
If an orange arrow is blinking that means that there is a problem with your transmission i have the same problem with mine. Bring it too a mechanic there is a relay switch on the transmission they have to replace it cost about 150$$. Have you had any problems with the transmission before?
knowing printer manufacturers I doubt they even have a sensor to detect that its full at all, they probably based on something crumby like print count. here are some instructions to reset the waste ink tank, the instructions vary so try them until one does the job :
Waste Ink Tank Reset
1: Power off printer
2: Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound once.
3: Hold POWER and release RESUME
4: Press RESUME twice, then release all buttons
5: When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three or four times. The indicator should be orange.
6: Press Power to set data
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
1. power off Printer
2. Push and hold resume button and push power button
3. Hold Power button and release Resume button
4. Push Resume button twice ( 2x ), and now release resume button and power button
5. Green light will blinking and stop.
6. When green light on, push resume button 4 x
7. Push Power button and printer will off, if that isn't off, push power butto again until print off position.