I just dont have an idea about the way this thing works, i have a store and i want to take stock of my inventories, and at the point of sale make my scanner bring information to my screen. what software do i use any manual on the operations thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
NO we cannot solve it onsite. The battery needs to be replaced and check plastic case as well as the sensors inside. After that, reloading the Verifone Software will clear the tamper error. If you still need help, you can call us at (775)358-2922 ask for Randy. Thank you. http://freshpoint.org
It sounds like you've got the BIOS set to boot to CD, and/or the Boot Order in the BIOS is not listing the hard drive correctly.
Setting to boot first to CD is not a bad thing, but the next boot device after that should be the correct listing for the hard drive in the machine.
When you first turn on the machine, press the Function key noted to enter Setup (BIOS) and check those settings for correct information. DO NOT select the wrong Function key...there is another for System Recovery, and that's not really what you want to do at this point.
contact your dealer...you should have had a manual with it that you have to scan barcodes to set-up your scanner. The most import issue is setting the "host" so the scanner understands what it is talking to. If you have no luck with your dealer, Metrologic can be contacted directly at their tech support line...888-633-3762
there usually is not much in the way of software to speak of, as most of these scanners connect with either a Keyboard wedge or by usb.
the only thing you would most likely have is drivers for the scanner (if connecting by usb)
it is importand that the scanner is correctly configured (using the code book) to configure the connection type and the schema to use, after that, the scanner should be setup properly to stream the scanned code into whatever software you choose,
for further troubleshooting you will have to be more specific as to what your issue with using this is.
whether it is a setup issue or a usage issue..
With this problem there are 2 things that I think you need to do.
1. USB devices usually require drivers, it is unlikely that these came with windows, you need to check that your device is correctly installed and any software required to run it is installed.
2. check the configuration of the scanner, (as it will appear to work even if it is configured incorrectly. you should have a code book which you can program all of the options, as the scanner may not even know that it is connected via usb. (all the scanner knows is that it has power)