Question about HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
After I started using remanufactured ink cartridges, I began to get the error message "problem with Print Heads K/Y and M/C" To fix the problem I have to remove the print heads, reinsert the print heads, run "clean print head" and "align print head." This seems to solve the problem for a while, then the error message "problem with Print Heads K/Y and MC" comes back again. Am I having this problem because I'm using remanufactured ink cartridges?
Sometimes the circuit strip that sits at the back of the printhead carriage is the problem due to moisture, ink soiling, etc...
To clean these you need some cotton buds (like you use to clean your ears) and gently clean the area at the back of the printhead carriage (where the printheads slot into).
This removes any ink, or moisture that could be causing a short circuit or similar.
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
I can not get the print head problem to go away. i have bought a new print head and installed it and get the same message
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
I do have the same problem. When i checked the printheads, i came to know that electrical circuit was damaged. Do one thing. Clean copper contacts of both printheads with a soft cloth . And try one more time. another solution is just bur new ones
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2017 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Apr 04, 2013 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Dec 03, 2012 | HP DesignJet 500 InkJet Printer
Oct 07, 2012 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Aug 23, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Feb 25, 2011 | HP DesignJet 9000 InkJet Printer
Jun 02, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Apr 27, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
I had the same problem plus had problems with message indicating "alignment failed" and to monitor the blakc/yellow print head. The print quality was very bad in black. It seemed to print about 1.5 lines and then skip a line. When I replaced black and yellow it seemed to get better print quality was just as bad. Finally called HP support. These are the steps they told me to do.
1. disconnect power
2. remove all ink cartridges
3. remove and clean contacts of both print heads
4. perform simultaneously the following press 6 and # on the keypad while at the same time plug in the power.
5. --- the printer came on (black squares on the screen) and then shut off.
6. --- was told to power up the printer
7. Printer began checking device(took a long time)
8. Printer began aligning printer (took a long time)
9. Finally finished = Message on screen "Alignment Failed"
10. Still not printing and hours later.
11. They will be replacing printer
12. Then they hit you with that you should buy a set of inkjet cartidges from them at $109.96 - warranty 2yr, works better, etc.
13. Sent to somebody else to arrange shipping new printer.
14. Free shipping 5-7 days - big deal - placed my work (home office) on hold.
16. Service help - listen when it follows the script, otherwise like talking to a door (In India).
17. Finally get transfered to somebody else and he informs me that he is not authorize to give me a new printer, need to talk to somebody else who is not there. Advises to call during business hours. He said that he could request that I be called back but that it could take a 1.5 days to get back to me.
18. I am going to call tomorrow morning during business hours - wish me luck.
I don't know what is awaiting but IN The Future I will not talk to anybody from INDIA - they do not have authority and do not listen (but maybe they don't listen because they can't do anything about it).
Oct 03, 2007 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 Color All-in-One...
2,994 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!