Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Router was reswt to factory defualts. What's next to get me connected.
the computer diagnostics repeatedly states that the problem is within the
Try to reset your router first by Pressing the reset button on the back for about 15 seconds let go then pull out the power. After that plug the power back in then try to set it up according to the directions at the link below. If after the reset you are still not able to access the 192.168.1.1 Turn off the modem first then turn off and on the router and restart your computer but leave the modem off. If youa re able to access the router page. Chagne the local or router IP on the setup page as your modem might be on the same IP. this is only applicable if you are on DSL. If on cable you just have to reset and follow the directions at the link below for Cable.
I hope this has answered your question sufficiently. If you have more questions please post a reply. Thanks.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Mar 25, 2017 | Hawking HW2R1 Dual Radio Smart Repeater
Oct 13, 2011 | Facebook Computers & Internet
Aug 09, 2011 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Jul 29, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
I understand that you are not able to connect to internet through DG834Gv5 as the internet light on the router is RED. I would suggest you to reset and reconfigure the router using the below steps:
1. Press and hold the Wireless On/Off and WPS buttons simultaneously until the Power LED turns red (about 6 seconds).
2. Release the Wireless On/Off and WPS buttons. The LED blinks red three times and then turn green when the router has reset to the factory default state. Wait for the router to reboot.
1. Connect the cable/phone line coming from Internet Service Provider to the WAN port of the router (isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports.
3. Open a web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
4. Access the router's GUI by typing 'http://192.168.0.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
5. Login to the router (username = admin password = password unless you have changed it).
6. Click on 'Setup Wizard' at the top of list from the left menu.
7. Select Yes and click Next.
8. It should give you 'PPPoA Detected' and then click on next.
9. Enter the login and password of the ISP and then click on Apply.
10. Once the settings are updated click on 'Router Status' and click on 'Connection Status' button (at the bottom of the page).
11. Click on Connect button.
12. Connecting to server should show 'Connected'.
13. If you receive 'CHAP authentication failed', close the 'Connection status' window and click on 'Basic settings'. Verify the login and password for ISP and apply the setting again.
14. Open up another browser window and try to access internet.
Please do visit http://kb.netgear.com for any technical queries regarding NETGEAR products.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
Feb 25, 2011 | NetGear DG834G Router
Mar 21, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Jun 09, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Feb 28, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!