I purchased this camera at USA but at p-resent I am using this Camcorder at Kolkata, India. Now the Camcorder is not working in Camera mode and no display is coming on LCD screen. However it is working at play back mode and plays the recorded tape.
I went to Kolkata, India service centre at LEE ROAD. They expressed their inability to repair the same camcorder as parts are not available there.
Can you please provide solution in this regard.
I have this same problem for a while and just stumbled on the (yet to be verified) solution. www.samsungclassaction.com. if this settlement is legitimate then Samsung will repair for free! (and refunds for people who paid Samsung to repair). the site asks for contact info but i worry about scams so i'm going to contact Samsung directly.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i think you are able too see the video in play back mode. so there is no problem in your LCD. i think the CCD has got damaged in your CAM. that is why you are not able to view anything in shooting mode. because CCD is the layer which converts the light falling on it to a electrical signal and shows us as a complete image.
Yes, the mini DVD-RW will work on this camera. When you insert the disk and power on the camcorder (with the mode on DISC), the camcorder will try to read the disk, and if it isn't formatted yet, the LCD display will offer you the option to format it (in VR or Video mode). Simply select and click to format the disk
Based on the information you have provided, it appears that you may have encountered this issue. To determine if the CCD (image sensor) is working properly, please follow these steps:
1. Insert a memory card with known good images on it into the camera.
2. Power the camera on to the Playback mode.
3. Press the DISPLAY (DISP) button to enable the LCD panel, and observe the LCD.
a. If the images are displayed properly, please proceed to step four.
b. If the images are not displayed, or a "NO IMAGES" message appears, please ensure that the memory card contains known good images.
c. If the card contains known good images, and the issue persists with a second memory card, the camera will require service.
4. Switch the camera to the Camera mode. You may use any shooting mode (i.e. Auto, Manual).
5. Press the DISPLAY (DISP) button to enable the LCD panel.
6. Point the camera at a well-lit scene and observe the LCD and/or viewfinder. If the scene the camera is pointed at appears on the LCD and/or viewfinder, the CCD is operating properly. If the LCD and/or viewfinder remain black, the camera requires service