To get rid of the Fatal Alert, perform the Hard Reset on the device.
A hard reset will erase everything on your device. All your data will be removed, and formats, preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default settings.
Follow the steps below to perform a hard reset on your device.
- Open your handheld.
- Press and hold the power button on the top panel of the handheld.
- While holding the power button, use the tip of your stylus or an unfolded paper clip (or similar object without a sharp tip) to gently press and release the reset button. (The reset button is the tiny hole labeled Reset on the back of the handheld.)
- Wait for the Palm Powered logo to appear; then release the power button.
- When prompted that you are about to erase all the data stored on your handheld, press Up to complete the hard reset.
- When prompted, complete the steps to align the screen.