Question about Sony KP-46WT510 46" Rear Projection HDTV
I get momentary high voltage. HV-PROT signal (hv-prot), from A board is bringing it down. I keep horizontal out supply voltage (135V, I believe this is controlled by the high voltage regulator). I just loose drive from protection signal applied by CPU.
Is the voltage staying at 135 volts or is it rising?? There are several power supply fix it kits available as well as a way to test the power supplys. please let me know as I have a nice library of sony kits to use as well as a way to test the power supplys. Also a bad Crt can cause a shutting on and off of a projection set as well. If this is the case, try having the CRT rejuvenated and see what happens. please do not forget tp rate this htread.
Posted on Oct 16, 2006
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2015 | Whirlpool MT4155SPS
Aug 21, 2011 | Vizio P50HDTV20A 50 in. Plasma HDTV
This is an indication that you have a problem on the power supply section or on the load because of the following reasons :
1. Over Voltage - the regulator might be cycling on over voltage due to lack of load.
2. Over Current Protection - excessive load or faulty power supply cycling will
trigger the over current protection circuit.
3. High voltage - there might be an excessive high voltage or some other system detecting an out of regulation condition. However, in this case, there should be some indication that the deflection and HV is attempting to come up - momentary whine, static on the screen, etc.
4. Leaky Capacitor - a dried up main filter capacitor or other filter capacitor in the low voltage power supply that is producing an out-of-regulation condition. A bad filter capacitor on the output of a series regulator may result in excessive or drop of voltage.
5. A problem with the microcontroller, relay or its driver, or standby power supply.
This is not DIY and quite technical so I
Jan 19, 2011 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
Jun 02, 2010 | Toshiba MW27F51 27 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
May 31, 2010 | Televison & Video
May 29, 2010 | Sony KV-32HS20 32" TV
May 20, 2010 | JVC LT42E478 42 in. HDTV
Nov 16, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS120 36" TV
Aug 15, 2007 | Sony KP-46WT500 46" Rear Projection...
Nov 29, 2017 | Sony KP-46WT510 46" Rear Projection HDTV
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: