My vacume suction good when used upright but when I pull the wand hose out to use with attachments the motor sounds louder and the wand loses suction. I also cannot get the wand to go back down all the way in the hose.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with your DC07. From what you've described, it sounds as if the valve carriage needs repositioning. This is easy to do - please follow the steps shown in the video below.
If you have any further queries about using or maintaining your Dyson, please get in touch with us directly by calling free on 0800 2980298 (UK), or 1866MYDYSON (US).
Hi there, it sounds like you have a blockage in the hose. I have made a video to show you how to get the hose off and linked it to this answer. It is possible to split the hose in places trying to get the blockage out so try not to be rough. If you do damage the hose you will need to buy a new DC07 hose it is a waste of time trying to repair.
If this was a helpful answer please take a moment to rate it or leave a testimonial.
From your description of the problem, it sounds as though the wand/hose is blocked. To test this, please remove the wand from the machine and switch on, testing the suction from the top of the wand handle. If the suction is poor, remove the wand from the hose and test the suction from the top of the hose. If its strong from the hose itself, the wand is blocked and you will need to clear this.
If there is poor suction from the hose, you can remove this by unclipping it from the base of the machine and can then remove any blockages. It is also worth checking the hose for any splits or holes.
If you need any further help or advice, please visit our website at www.dyson.com and check out our support section.
You have a blockage in the wand. Stand behind the machine and:
1) Remove the u-bend which is located NEXT to the right-hand side wheel, NOT above it. It connects from the bottom of the long gray hose to next to the right-hand side wheel. It is attached to the machine with a rectangular-shaped clip - push the clip and pull the pipe down.
2) Look through the wand if you can (DC07 wand is bent) - if you can't see the ground you have a blockage in either the hose or the wand
3) Remove the hose and separate it from the wand - hold the wand up into the air and look through it - if you can't see light coming through the other end, there is a blockage in the wand. Use a long object like a stick or a metal hanger to remove the blockage.
4) If the wand is clear, stretch the hose out and look for dark spots - those are the blockages. Again use a long object to remove the blockage - be careful not to damage the hose, you don't want to buy a new one.