Question about Computers & Internet
First reboot the computer and enter the bios screen. Disable the bios protect...
Then reboot back into the OS (Presumably windows) and download the bios update from the manufacturer website. It will probably be a zip file containg the bios and the flash utility. Unzip the file and you should have a windows and/or DOS flash utility. If not, the utility should be posted on the website. If the utility is Windows, simpy run the utility. It will ask for the location of your bios file. The update utility will do the rest for you. If the program is DOS, the procedure is similar. Move the utility and bios update into your root directory, reboot, and simpy run the program from the command line.
Posted on Nov 06, 2008
I need to update bios my mobo MSI k8M890 VIA ( Socket AM2 ) pleaseeeeee.
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2016 | MSI Computers & Internet
Sep 06, 2011 | ASUS P4BGL-MX 845GL (AS04P4BGL-MX)...
Aug 25, 2011 | ASUS A7V600-X (90M7A820G0EAYZ) Motherboard
ASUS Update Utility - an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS
The ASUS Update is an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS in Windows® environment.
The ASUS Update utility allows you to:
· Save the current BIOS file
· Download the latest BIOS file from the Internet
· Update the BIOS from an updated BIOS file
· Update the BIOS directly from the Internet, and
· View the BIOS version information.
You need an Asus motherboard in your system.
Rules for Safe BIOS update:
1. For safety reasons, always use the most updated BIOS utility!
2. Do not overclock the system/CPU during BIOS update!
3. Load "Setup Default" in BIOS menu before BIOS Update.
4. Make sure you have "Administator" privilege on your Windows system (WinNT4/2000/XP).
5. Close all application programs under Windows.
6. Disable any existing Anti-Virus applications in the system.
7. Reboot the PC after the BIOS update is complete.
8. Switch on the PC and load "Setup Default" in BIOS again. Hope this helps
May 23, 2011 | ASUS P5LD2-X/1333 - motherboard - ATX -...
Aug 26, 2010 | Biostar G31-M7 TE Motherboard
Aug 22, 2010 | ASUS K8N-VM Motherboard
Nov 27, 2009 | Asrock P4I45D Motherboard
Nov 25, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 21, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
3,237 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!