Question about Belling BIM60 Microwave Oven
My folks microwave Belling MGC850SS has stopped working - its switching on or heating up. I've tried changing the fuse on the plug and that has not fixed the problem. Any suggestions? Is this common and do these machines carry internal fuses?
Apparently this one has a mechanical timer. That lack of electronic controls does lessen the complexity. I don't know about the specific regulations concerning British / EU microwaves, but I'm sure there's a fuse inside. In most cases, just replacing a blown fuse will not be the cure, unless one finds the reason it blew. What made it fail (if it did) is the real question. Loose fuse holder allowed excess heat? Shorted component or wiring? Or, is there a failure in the mechanical timer that's causing an open circuit connection? That can certainly happen. Also, a door switch may have failed. This is most commonly caused by opening the door while it's cooking, instead of turning the oven off first. I would suggest you contact Belling service: http://www.belling.co.uk//CMPage.aspx?pageid=130&subsectionid=85§ion=ContactBelling Good luck.
Posted on Oct 11, 2006
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Make sure that the program controller is working if not check
power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the
door switches, if the switch contact are not good then it will not trigger the
processor to switch on the waveguides. If the lights or fan work without any
display or action of program being triggered to start then it can be a possible
fault on the main board or the processor. Sometimes insect secretion can short
the board and display panel and so the processor can work in such an erratic
manner. If so clean, solder and reset the board. Now identify the parts by
clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html
If there is no heating
please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible
that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main
capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven
and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make
the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. Check this link to
know how a microwave works:
Feb 11, 2013 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Nov 08, 2012 | Frigidaire Model PLMVZ169GC Microwave Oven
Sep 09, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 08, 2017 | Sharp R-1491 Microwave Oven
Mar 03, 2011 | Belling STW25 900 Watts Microwave Oven
Feb 13, 2010 | Belling Microwave Ovens
Nov 24, 2009 | Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave...
Sep 04, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
405 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!