Question about Computers & Internet
Hi, I am using yahoo instant messenger 8.1. When I click on Help options to check for updates, nothing happens. When I have a new email notification, I click on the envelope icon nothing happens. It does not take me to yahoo mail. I deleted version 8.1 and I installed version 9.0, it got even worst. When I click on the envelope icon, it gives me an error message. And when I click on the help options, I get an error message window for each of the options. What should I do to solve the problem? Please help me! help me! My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 5 things that you must check:
1. At the start menu click on control panel>add or remove programs>set programs and access defaults>custom (there are 3 to chose from): check e-mail
2. At the tools menu click on internet options>programs: check e-mail
3. At the task-bar right click>properties>start menu>customize: check e-mail
4. At the start menu click on control panel>add or remove programs>change or remove programs: check if windows messenger 8.1 is still there 9.0 might need to be repaired. It will say change or remove.
5. At the start menu click on control panel> windows firewall>add a program: add windows 9.0 and make sure 8.1 has been deleted
Posted on Nov 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Dec 03, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Jun 29, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Jun 15, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Jan 08, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Jan 01, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Dec 14, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Oct 04, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Sep 05, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!