An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: linksys wireless-g broadband router
1. On your computer, open IE and type 192.168.1.1.
2. By default there is no username and the password is admin.
3. Once you're in, set Internet connection type to what your ISP requires to have. If you have cable ISP usually it is just set to Automatic configuration-DHCP. If you have DSL ISP, it usually uses PPPoE.
4. But verify it with your ISP.
5. Whatever changes you do on that page, do not forget to click "Save Settings" which can be found at the bottom of the page.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Linksys G router gives you both wired and wireless connections over a broadband Internet connect to create a local area network. The Linksys router is compatible with wireless G and B devices, through the 2.4-GHz wireless band. The wireless speed is at 54 megabytes per second and you can get 100 megabytes per second with a wired connection. You have to set up the wireless configuration on the Linksys before using it on your network.
Plug the router's power cable into an electrical outlet. Attach an Ethernet cable into the Internet port on the back of the router. Connect the other end into your broadband modem. Connect your computer to the Linksys G using another Ethernet cable. This Ethernet cable can go into any of the wired router ports. Open your Internet browser. Type "192.168.1.1" in the address bar and hit "Enter." This is your router's IP address and the home of its Web configuration page. Click "Wireless." Click "Manual." Alter your SSID, also known as your network name. You can change this name to any value that you want. You can also change the wireless channel if you are in an area with many wireless connections that may interfere. Click "Save Changes." Click "Wireless Security." Choose an encryption method to encrypt your wireless transmissions. WPA or WPA2 are common security protocols you can use in wireless networks. Input a network key, also known as the network password. Click "Save Changes."
Has your modem been hard reset recently? if so, it may require that you bridge the modem out to work with the router- ESP. if you use Verizon DSL. If so, contact your ISP, and ask for assistance in bridging out the modem.
Hi there, you don't need to install from the disk. Make sure your modem connects to your router and then the computer's LAN port is connected to the LAN port of the router. Open internet explorer and in the address line type 192.168.1.1 this will connect you to the router's setup. On older Linksys routers the default username is blank and the default password is "admin." On
newer Linksys routers, both the default username and the default
password are set to "admin." You then can find the wireless setup to configure your router. Make sure if you use a WEP code you use the same code from your computer's wireless adaptor.Good Luck...
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.
there are lots of thing ht can be done like enviroment chek
wep key config ,firewall setting, go one by one minimize the firewall then try to ping it
to to network connection set it up again
this time with proper wep key and in enviroment make sure ur router is not near a carpet or microwave or any plant