Question about Philips 42PF9630A 42 in. Plasma Television

1 Answer

Two black stripes with colored stripes inside this first ones. The lines are horizontal and more to the left side of the screen. would like to know if its fixable

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 899 Answers

Yes it can be fixed! , it is not the screen , so that it good news for you!
just call your local repair shop , and if you have a warranty then use that and they should come out to your house to do the repair , but they may have to take it in, just depends on what they find and if it would be easier to have it in for testing

electech

Posted on Nov 05, 2008

  • jason Nov 05, 2008

    plz leave a good rating for the help

    I'll be glad to help you with any more help you may need, just ask and I'll reply



    electech

×

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Vizio TV has a horizontal 2mm black/multicolor line.


If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Pull up older posts.
http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
Line faults & possible causes to LCD & Plasma screen are given with illustrations. You can get an idea about the fault to an extent. Faults to all LCD & Plasma screen are similar, irrespective of its brand and screen size.

Jul 27, 2016 | Vizio Flat Panel Televisions

1 Answer

2 days ago, a narrow black horizontal line appeared in the middle of the screen.


Samsung LN46B650 Thin Black Horizontal Lines - Forums - CNET

www.cnet.com > Forums > Samsung

CNETJun 11, 2015 - I'm experiencing thin black lines from the top of the screen to the bottom. ... my lcd tv has multiple lines are horizontal it starts from the right and fades too the left, ... Samsung LN55a950 - Horizontal lines on right side - Forums - CNET
Jun 11, 2015
Samsung 52" LCD TV black lines - Forums - CNET - CNET.com
Jun 10, 2015
More results from www.cnet.com

Plasma TV Repair Horizontal Lines - How to Diagnose ...

? 2:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4XWCxUsSVU
Sep 2, 2014 - Uploaded by ShopJimmy.com
I have thin horizontal black lines on the top and bottom areas of my TV. .... Hi, I have a 2011 64-inch 3D Samsung PN64D8000 Plasma TV.

how to fix horizontal or vertical lines on lcd tv - YouTube

? 4:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2QpYJp6MU8
Apr 12, 2014 - Uploaded by cr4zyw3ld3r
Hi my LG 47ln5700 tv set has thin greyish black horizontal lineson one side of the .... I hope this works good with Samsung LCD as well....

Dec 19, 2015 | Samsung HP-R5072 50 in. Plasma HDTV

1 Answer

ESN PCTV000121==9453ACB01D4EB8D9D185


get another tv or call a expert for it

Dec 22, 2013 | Panasonic Flat Panel Televisions

1 Answer

My sony Bravia kdl-46v5500 screen has colored lines on the left side then half the screen flicks black then the same left half side of the screen stays black then will go back to normal and then go...


These sets use for the most part two boards--each drives the screen on one side---also possible as suggested here the problem is inside the panel or where it connects to these boards--if inside the panel (the entire front screen unit) it is fatal as it cannot be got at and the display costs more than the set did new.

Oct 29, 2012 | Sony BRAVIA KDL46V5500 46 in TV

1 Answer

My Sony Bravia KDL 40WL 135 TV has been flashing strange colors for awhile; today screen is black with a thin blue line across the bottom. No sound. Any help appreciated.


The vertical output section circuit has the fault. Contact any experienced service technician. This is not a user repairable fault.

Aug 10, 2012 | Sony Flat Panel Televisions

1 Answer

Panasonic TH-42PE7U - stripe on screen


A line especially if black can be one of several things:

A communication problem between the main board that controls the panel

A bad board that drives that area of the panel

The worst possible cause is a defect INSIDE the front screen unit called a display panel----ribbon cables that are inside the panel where they cannot be got at can cause this and or a defect inside the Panel.

The wider the line the more likely you have a bad panel or connections inside it.

Trouble shooting would include checking all the ribbon cables coming out of the panel to make sure properly seated and or replacing the board/s that drive the panel.

80 percent chance it is the Panel itself--still have a 20 percent chance it is not(based on experience of dealing with this kind of issue in our shop).

May 28, 2012 | Flat Panel Televisions

Not finding what you are looking for?
Philips 42PF9630A 42 in. Plasma Television Logo

Related Topics:

73 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Philips Flat Panel Televisions Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

68301 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

 Grubhead
Grubhead

Level 3 Expert

4590 Answers

Are you a Philips Flat Panel Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...