Question about Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
My mother has mh7130 microwave and tells me it made crackling noise and possible sparks however when i checked could find no problem
Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the stirrer cover in the ceiling of the oven.
The cover and the areas behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.
If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.
Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.
If your cover is burned, it will need to be replaced. It provides important protection for the magnetron.
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.
You can download Whirlpool owner's manuals and installation instructions here. The manual covers removal and cleaning of the cover.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2016 | In Microwave Ovens
Apr 28, 2012 | Cuisinart CMW-100 Microwave Oven
Sep 17, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Jun 05, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 01, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS155L Microwave Oven
Jan 19, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
The cracking spound is the spark jumping. so if there is spark please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now keeping clear switch on , use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues , you can use the microwave safely
Dec 20, 2010 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Nov 27, 2010 | Maytag MMV5207AAS Microwave Oven
Aug 27, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
223 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!