Question about Lexmark T632n Laser Printer
SOURCE: printing envelopes
You have to either use the MP Feeder or an Envelope Feeder. When you send the job to the "Manual Envelope" option, it will beep and prompt before each envelope is printed. Same will happen when you use the "Manual Paper" option.
You will have a hard time printing 1000 envelopes. The printer will print a rated engine speeed for the first 6-10...After that, the narrow media sensor will force the printer to slow down and you will proabably get 5-6 envelopes printed per minute.
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
SOURCE: won't print envelopes in black
First you need to change the settings in the software you are trying to print the envelope. Open the program (for example MS Word), go to the option from which you print envelopes and labels. Set the font color to black, not "automatic", and in Word, click "default", which sets the color as black rather than allowing the printer or its software to select the wrong color. Then try to print on the envelope and let us know if you are able to print the envelope in black only.
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
SOURCE: My lexmark will print page, business cards, labels, pics, etc. But it will not print envelopes. Looks, sounds, and acts like its printing. But when it spits out the envelope nothing is printed on it.
There must be an issue with the size of the envelope the printer is expecting. If you're using Microsoft Word, check under "Letters and Mailings" and then "Evevolopes and Labels" to check the size you have set the envelope to. Perhaps its also a setting in File and Page Setup or in the printers own settings under Control Panel and Printers. Sorry for not being of more help but if its not jamming or giving an error then its probably just set to the wrong envelope size.
Posted on May 17, 2009
The problem that you are experiencing is caused by the way the text is formatted in most word processing documents. By default envelopes are printed not in black, but a dark gray. This confuses the printer and causes it to use the color cartridge to process gray instead of using the black cartridge.
You can fix this problem with one of two ways:
1. Click on "Start", "Control Panel" and click on "Printers and Faxes." Right click on the "Lexmark Printer" icon and select "Properties." Click on "Printing Preferences." Go to "Quality/Copies" tab and select the option "Print color images in black and white."
2. You can also change the color of you text to a true black in your word processor. This will require you to resort to the word processor's documentation and help files.
Both of these settings will cause your printer to use the black cartridge instead of the color. If either one of these solutions solves your problem, it means your color cartridge needs to be cleaned or replaced. If you feel that the color cartridge should not be out of ink, please follow the steps given below:
Clean Nozzle Procedure:
1. Go to the "Solution Center" and click on the "Maintenance" tab.
2. Select "Clean to fix horizontal strips."
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean Print Nozzles" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge from the printer.
2. Get a damp paper towel.
3. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds.
4. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean.
5. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing.
6. Snap the cartridge back into the printer.
7. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge installed."
8. Repeat the "Clean to fix horizontal strips" procedure listed above.
If this procedure does not help, please let us know so that we can continue with technical support.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank you. I was on the phone with Lexmark a whole hour last night and they couldn't fix it. This corrected the problem immediately! You are a Wiz"
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2015 | Xerox Phaser 6200N Laser Printer
Aug 10, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 04, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER 1023 Black and White...
Dec 05, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 21, 2009 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Jul 06, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 22, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 29, 2007 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 03, 2007 | HP PSC 2410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: