Control lock pops up after evry 15 secs. i tried holding menu button for 10-20 secs it goes of temporarily for few seconds but again keeps locking n unlocking. i found a solution of replacing the regulator but is there any other solution.also pls tell me more about the regulator.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The lock that pops up is called OSD Lock, with this there are no adjustment can be made by a user and only menu button will work. For you to disable it, just press the menu button for about 15 - 20 secs.
To know more about the controls of your monitor please click on the link.
I hope this will be able to help you resolve the problem.
Resetting the TV If the buttons on the remote AND the buttons on the TV case do not work (channels do not change and you cannot open or navigate the menu), the TV has stopped responding. Reset the TV as follows:
NOTE: Some TVs have a reset button. If available and accessible, try using the reset buttons before using the steps below. Using the reset buttons can save time.
1.Unplug the TV power cord from the power outlet. 2.Unplug any connected devices (DVD, Set-top boxes, etc...) 3.Press and hold the TV power button for five seconds. 4.Plug the TV power cord back into the power outlet and turn on the TV. 5.Open the on-screen menu to confirm that the TV is responding again. 6.Turn off the TV and reconnect the devices. 7.Turn on the TV.
I know you said there were others that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and
slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the
holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second
switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence
while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to
rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time
applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened
up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so