Question about Electronics - Others
When it asks for a password try just clicking in the password box and see if it accepts it
also you could download some software http://majorgeeks.com/Dr._Freeware_System_Utilities_d6416.htmlDr.Freeware System Utilities which includes data recovery software, data backup, password reset tools for Windows helps you to maintain your system. Dr.Freeware is freeware, you can download and use it for free.
hope this helps you
Posted on Mar 20, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SDHC cards are not backward compatible with normal SD cards..therefore older devices will not recognise them...your built in card reader is probably not sdhc...try downloading directly from camera or use a sdhc usb card reader
Posted on Apr 29, 2008
Anyone can help me to my problem with my 2GB imition USB flash drive, it has been writed-protected and there is no switch to disable it, what should i do to this kind of protection. plzzzzz help...
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
TRY SOME OF THESE STEPS BEFORE YOU THROW IT
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
Did you reformat as NTFS instead of the default FAT32? FAT32 can only transfer files up to 4.0Gb in size. If you reformat as NTFS, you can move larger files.
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
1. Download this tool:
(Before removing USB flash drive click on the Safely Remove
Hardware icon and then click on USB flash drive you want to remove)
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
on Apr 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 25, 2011 | Iomega eGo 1TB USB 3.0 Portable - Ruby Red...
Jun 08, 2011 | Transcend 4GB JetFlash 110 USB 2.0 Flash...
May 19, 2011 | Transcend 4GB JetFlash 110 USB 2.0 Flash...
Apr 27, 2011 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
Jan 11, 2011 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
Jun 24, 2010 | PNY Optima 2GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Dark...
Jan 11, 2010 | PNY 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Grey/Black
Nov 18, 2009 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB 2.0 Flash...
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!