Question about Panasonic PT-50LC14 50" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
I have a replacement lamp with instructions, but the instructions start after the housing unit has been removed from the TV. The manual refers me to the replacement lamp instructions. So...I got the lower back panel off the TV, but nothing visible looks like the picture on the instructions. Is there a diagram available that would show me where the housing is located inside the TV?
The lamp is in the front of the TV. Pop off the gray cover, about the width of the screen, located just left of the power button. You will then see a bunch of warning labels on the left. Unscrew the one screw that is there and take that piece off. There's your lamp. Unscrew the screw on the right of the lamp and the lamp will slide out.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2013 | Televison & Video
on Dec 02, 2009 | Samsung DLP HL-P4663W 46" Rear Projection...
1. Turn the power off, wait until the power indicator turns off blinking red, then unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and confirm that the area around the lamp unit has cool down.
2. Remove the front cover procedure. Place your finger tips under the cover and pull it from the projection display.
3. Before loosening the lamp cover screw, first read the caution and warning labels in the lamp cover. Then loosen the lamp cover screw by using a screwdriver.
4. Loosen the lamp unit screw with a screwdriver. Then grasp the lamp unit, Figure 2, by the lamp unit handle and slowly remove it from the projection display.
5. Insert the new unit being careful being careful of the insertion direction. Press in the arrow mark making sure insertion is done correctly.
6. Replace the lamp unit and cover screw. Tighten the unit cover screw with a screw driver.
a. Properly dispose of the old lamp. Please see the operating instruction of the projection display unit.
b. NOTE: attached the lamp unit and lamp unit housing door securely. If the lamp unit and the lamp unit housing are not attached securely, the protective circuit will be activated and the lamp will not turn on.
7. Replace the front cover.
The second step, after lamp replacement is to follow the three steps procedure described below:
Warning: Perform lamp time reset only when the lamp has been replaced.
In order to complete the lamp time reset procedures:
1. Be sure the power cord is plugged into a properly grounded wall outlet. Then, press the POWER button the projection display or the remote control to turn the unit on.
2. While pressing the VOL - button, hold down the PIP or the SPLIT button on the remote control at the same time for more the 5 seconds.
3. When the reset procedure is complete, the projection display screen will show the following message "Lamp time was reset to 0."
1. The writing in the screen may be different from the actual screen described above.
2. When lamp time reset is finished, the lamp indicator goes out.
Feb 23, 2011 | Panasonic PT-50LCZ70 50" HDTV
Feb 03, 2011 | Optoma HD81 DLP Projector
Nov 09, 2009 | InFocus Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 15, 2009 | Sony XL-5100 Projector Lamp for Grand WEGA...
Oct 19, 2008 | Sony XL-2100U Projector Lamp for...
Apr 09, 2008 | Mitsubishi WD-62327 62" Rear Projection...
Oct 07, 2016 | Panasonic PT-50LC14 50" Rear Projection...
434 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!