Question about Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Here it is:
Place a DVD that prompts you for your password in your PS2. If you have any R rated DVDs sitting around, one of those should work just fine. It should prompt you for the password before anything else comes up.
Select "Yes" to playing the movie and select "Yes" again to temporarily suspend parental controls. This is where you would put in the password if you knew it and the DVD would play. You may try "1111" at this point, as it is often the password. If that doesn't work, continue through the next few steps.
Press the "Select" button on the screen that wants you to input the password. This should change the text on the screen from "Enter Password" to "Delete Password."
Input the numbers "7444" into the box on the screen. This is the universal password needed to delete the current password. Once you input the numbers, you should get a message that says "Deletion Complete." Press the "Select" button again and you should be prompted to enter a new password.
Enter a new password for your parental control. Make sure it is something easy that you will remember. Once you enter it in, you will be asked to confirm your new password. Enter it one more time and you should be able to watch any DVD you want.
if it helps please rate positvely!!
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2014 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 07, 2013 | Televison & Video
Parental control setting
Some discs are specified not suitable for children. Such
discs can be limited not to play back with the unit.
1) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A until the level you require appears.
• Level Off: The parental control setting does not
• Level 8: All DVD software can be played back.
• Level 1: DVD software for adults cannot be
Select from the level 1 to level 8. The limitation will
be more severe as the level number is lower.
2) Press C or D to select "Password".
Press Number buttons (0-9) to input a 4-digit
password. Be sure to remember this number!
• If you input a wrong number, press CLEAR.
3) Press ENTER to store the password.
Note: Now the rating is locked and the setting cannot
be changed unless you enter the correct pass
4) Press OPEN/CLOSE to activate Parental control
setting. (See "Temporary disabling of rating level by
DVD disc" on page 36.)
• Depending on the discs, the unit cannot limit playback.
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating
level information though its disc jacket says "adult." For
those discs, the age restriction will not work.
To change the parental level
1) Press C or D to select "Password".
2) Press Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password
you have stored.
3) Press ENTER.
• The rating is now unlocked.
4) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A to change the parental level.
5) Press C or D to select "Password", then press
Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password.
Note: You can change the password if you want.
6) Press ENTER.
Now the parental level is changed and locked.
If you forget the password...
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE again to close the disc tray.
"No Disc" appears on the screen.
4. While holding STOP down on the front panel,
press 7 on the remote control. "PASSWORD
CLEAR" appears on the screen.
5. Enter a new password again.
hope this helps
Mar 24, 2011 | Toshiba SD-K740 DVD Player
Apr 10, 2010 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Aug 06, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Jun 22, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Dec 25, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Nov 11, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Oct 11, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Aug 19, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!