I read the previous posting about the TV Guide feature resetting itself. In my instance, I keep receiving the following message: "Updated information will be available within 24 hours. The Guide is rebuidling your channel list based on your setup change." The problem is that I haven't made any changes, and it never does reset and display properly. Any thoughts?
Try this (with the original remote):Reset TV Guide On Screen 1.Press the TV Guide button 2.Curser up and over to the SETUP menu 3.Select Change system settings (highlight only) 4.Enter the following numbers … 753159852 (setup mode) 5.Enter the following numbers … 653274147 (reset mode)
It will take some time to get the guide downloaded, but it works.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There might be a TV Guide issue located in your area, since the transition to digital, TV Guide have been updating there broadcast frequency which is know been done by CBS. Have unit reset by holding down channel up and down button for 15 second on the unit itself until 12 flashes on display, then power on unit and setup TV Guide, then have unit off for 24 hours especially between 11pm to 6am for listing. If issue still exist contact Panasonic to have issue send to TV Guide.
Best Solution posted Nov 6, 2008, by Guest -- worked for me. Wondering what the DST is? -- Daylight Savings Time. There will be a button at the bottom right in the date OFF. Apparently the TV Guide programing does not work that well, especially with the new Digital boxes now need to receive over the air TV and the TV Guide programing never worked with Satellite TV. Wil this feature ever be up dated? I doubt it. It would be nice to have the digital box and your dvr cycled together.
I spoke with Toshiba tech support today (800-631-3811). They have an advanced services team that focuses on TV Guide On Screen. Learned the following:
- The TV Guide On Screen signal is updated 4x / day and is broadcast by your service provider
- The broadcast channel varies depending on what the service provider chooses (though typically a major network or PBS station)
- TV Guide On Screen has been doing some reprogramming and updates recently and this has resulted in many sporadic outages
If you ARE not receiving your listings, it's one of two things - either your DVR or the signal from the cable company.
- If you are having issues, call Toshiba and let them know, they will walk through some basic troubleshooting to narrow down if the problem is the DVR or the TV Guide On Screen signal.
- If the issue is the TV Guide On Screen signal, they will be able to report the issue to TV Guide On Screen and let them know their is an issue.
If everything else seems to be functioning, try using your remote to reset the TV. There is a setting to switch the TV from being a TV to being a screen, or monitor, for the DVD player. What the button is labeled varies by manufacturer. It may be: TV/DVD, input, source, display, or something else. Display, for instance, displays the choice on the screen. Highlight and select DVD or perhaps the brand name of the DVD player. This compliments of the Vancouver Radio Shack super geeks.