You didn't say whether you're trying to sync everything (mail, calendars, contacts) or just some things or one thing (like contacts only). I don't know if you're using an Exchange server or even if you have the info you'll need to sync with an Exchange server.
I have a Windows mobile device (AT&T Tilt) running Outlook 2007 and everything is sync'd. We also started purchasing the iphone for our employees and sync their email, calendar and contacts to their phone.
I could probably give you step-by-step information (based on how I do this for my users at work) if I knew whether you'll use iTunes to do this or Exchange Active Sync and what you want to sync between your phone and outlook. One method (iTunes) will only update your data between Otulook and the phone when you connect it to the computer with Outlook configured on it but, the way we do it at work, they receive email, data, changes, etc in real time.
Try using this link http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/mail/
What you will find here is support topics and instructions for Exchange Active Sync, setting up email accounts, troubleshooting for contact and calendar syncing.
You can also search support on Apple's Web site. Entering the keywords: iphone outlook 2003 will bring up a lot of support info.
You can use iTunes or MobileMe for synchronization. If using iTunes then try this:
You can configure which items are synchronized during a one time set up process. After initial set up, each time you connect the iphone to your computer, the changes made on your computer or device are synchronized.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. iTunes should open automatically.
- In iTunes, in the source list, under Devices, click the entry for your iPhone.
- Click the Info tab.
- Select which items you would like to sync. For example to sync only calendars, under Calendars, you would click Sync calendars from, and then click Outlook.
- Do one of the following:
- To synch all calendars, click All Calendars.
- To limit the calendars that are synched, click Selected calendars and then click the calendars you want to sync.
6. Click Apply.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for using Fixya and you can let me know how helpful I've been by rating this solution.