Question about Zanussi ZWD1680W Front Load Washer / Dryer
1 Half way through wash cycle tripped main fuse box (not just sockets).
2. Completely emptied water out of machine manuallly :- then tried a 1600 rpm spin cycle - Worked OK! Full 10 minute 1600 rpm spin!
3. Then Did a 3 minute DRAIN CYCLE - WORKED OK AGAIN
4. Next Started a Quick 30 Minute WASH CYCLE - TRIPPED MAIN FUSE AGAIN! 3 minutes into cycle ( Water went into prewash and wash compartments ok and started to spin/wash then tripped.
5 Tried following day still tripped mains.
6. Checked for leakage under washer/dryer over a few days NO PUDDLE /DRIPS.
7. Manually emptied machine again. LOW AND BEHOLD SPIN/DRAIN CYCLE WORKED AGAIN.
WHICH BIT IS FAULTY? please
I say 100% its a short on the element or a stat on the back of the machine if it not right get back in touch with me and i give more answers good luck
Posted on Jun 27, 2014
With the symptoms you describe i would suspect a intermittent heater element fault as you are getting earth leakage current which is tripping the whole supply rather than a current overload which would just trip the socket circuit breaker. Get the heating element checked over first as this is the most likely cause.
Posted on Nov 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2011 | Zanussi ZWD1680W Front Load Washer / Dryer
Feb 09, 2011 | Zanussi ZWD1680W Front Load Washer / Dryer
Jan 27, 2011 | Zanussi ZWD1680W Front Load Washer / Dryer
Jul 21, 2010 | Zanussi ZWD1680W Front Load Washer / Dryer
May 03, 2010 | Zanussi ZWD1680W Front Load Washer / Dryer
Jan 16, 2010 | Zanussi ZWD1680W Front Load Washer / Dryer
Mar 12, 2009 | Hotpoint WMA64 Front Load Washer
Jan 21, 2009 | Zanussi WDA1055W Front Load Washer / Dryer
Jun 22, 2014 | Zanussi ZWD1680W Front Load Washer / Dryer
652 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: