In the past I have been able to scan multiple pages at a time with no difficulty. Recently and all of a sudden it will only take one page at a time. IF I put several pages in at once, it will take the first one and then pull all the rest through as the second page. HELP!!!!!!!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can try a 'hard reboot' of the unit by unplugging it while it is running, wait a minute or so and then restore the power.
With most electronics this forces a 'self-diagnostic' program which might fix the problem. Another option is to delete and them reinstall the software with a disc or online. Make certain that you have your machine set to automatically check for updates if it is connected to the Internet.
Is it happening on multiple computers or just one? Is the software installed on the server? Get the drivers Directly
from Xerox's website. Uninstall completely including a registry search
for Xerox & one touch. That doesn't work try to install everything on one PC and try it there.
1. You need to install a PDF printer driver on your computerfirst. There are quite a few freeware PDF writer programs on the Internet youcan download one such as CutePDF. To download Cutepdf PDF printer driver (freeware) click onthis link :-
http://www.cutepdf.com/ 2. Scan the first page then click on File - Save the image as a jpg file Eg. image1.jpg
3. Repeat the scan the next page and save the image file Eg. image2.jpg
4. Repeat step 3 for the other pages.
5. Close the scanner when finished scanning.
6. Open a Word document then place each image file on a new page in the Word document
7. Save the Word document (not necessary).
8. Click on File - Print then select CutePDF printer (or your PDF printer driver) and save the PDF file. This PDF file will contain the multiple pages of the scanned pages.
Check if you have selected 'multipage' option. Then you will get only a single file, but with multiple pages.
If your question is that the second or subsequent pages are not pulled in for scanning, then you need to change the rubber rollers.
This is clear roller problem. Clean the rollers thoroughly witha damp cloth. The ****** rollers should ideally be cleaned in power-off mode. This should solve paper feeding problems. Check if the pages are dusty.
The rollers last for about 250,000 scans. If it has crossed this number, you need to change them.
S. Mohan, Chennai, India
Use the PDF function of the CanoScan Toolbox. On the options screen for a pdf, click the drop down box next to “Save as Type:”. Select “PDF (Multiple Pages)”. This option causes CanoScan to stop after each page is scanned and ask if there is a next page or if you are finished.