Question about SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
I was skeptical that this could work, but it has worked for me. Hopefully you will have success with it too. On the internet, I searched for this issue and one person said to put the battery in backwards, press the power button, put the battery in right, and then turn on the c140. I still had to format the unit in MSC mode, but it appears to be working correctly now.
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
1. Download the newest firmware c100_1.0.005a_FirmwareUtility file and save it on the desktop.
(the player should not be attached to the computer at this point)
2. Double click the file to run it.
3. Accept the license agreement.
4. Remove the battery from the mp3 player.
5. Press and hold the center (select) button and connect it to the computer.
6. If the New Hardware Wizard appears, do the following: (if asked, choose not to connect to the internet for updates), then choose to install the device automatically, then follow the prompts to finish the installation.
7. When the wizard comes up, or when the Update button becomes active (whichever happens first), you may release the select button.
8. Click the Update button, and then click OK to the message that comes up.
9. Wait until the upgrade finishes, then unplug the device.
10. Put the battery back in, and turn on the player.
11. Hopefully the update will be performed, then choose your language prompted.
12. Check if the issue is resolved.
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2010 | Samsung Tocco F480 - Pay Monthly Cellular...
Jan 25, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player
Jun 02, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa Fuze MP3 Player
Jan 01, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Dec 30, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa m250 MP3 Player
Hold down the power button for 20 or more seconds; when you release the power button, the Sansa Connect will restart on its own. If it doesn't restart, you did not hold down the power button long enough -- try again.
Make sure there's a battery in the player. This doesn't work when it is plugged into the USB port.
Oct 15, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player
Mar 07, 2017 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
295 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: