An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: cannot connect wireless device
If you have the correct wireless security and the laptop wont connect wirelessly, the best thing that you can do here is to access the router setup page and change some wireless settings on the router like the wireless channel , I advice you set the wireless channel to 11 then after that try to connect your laptop again to the wireless network and by the way change also the SSID or wireless network name of the router....
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. You have to reset your router to its original factory configuration by using the reset button at the back of the router (WGT624 v3) near the antenna.
2. Connect the cable from the Globe Broadband Huawei B200 modem to the wan port of the router.
3. Connect another cable (RJ45) from the router (any Lan port on the router) to the laptop or desktop.
4. Switch on both device (modem and router).
5. Wait till both device boot up and the modem flash a blue, green and yellow color on its led and solid green to all router indicator led except the test led indicator flashing for a few seconds only.
6. Open your browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Safari...)
7. Type http://192.168.1.1 at the address bar.
8. Netgear setup website will open.
9. Go to advance settings.
10. Go to back up menu and click erase to reset your router to its original factory settings.
12. Switch off the device (modem and router).
13. Remove the cable connecting the computer and the Lan port of the router.
14. Connect the modem directly to the laptop using the cable.
15. Open a browser.
16. Go to the netgear website.
17. Go to the Support menu on the Netgear Website.
18. Type the model of the modem (WGT624 v3) on the blank space provided (Find your product).
19. Go to Downloads.
20. Download WGT624v3 Firmware Version 2.0.26_1.01 NA.
21. Read the instruction how to download the firmware and how to upgrade your router to the new firmware.
22. Save the downloaded firmware.
23. Exit the Netgear Website.
24. Switch off the modem.
25. Now follow the instructions #2 to #8.
26. Go to "Upgrade the Router" menu.
27. Upload the downloaded firmware to the router.
28. After uploading the firmware go to the Basic Settings Menu or use the Smart Wizard Menu to configure your Router.(Important Updates: Lan IP Address will be changed automatically to 10.0.0.1). Automatic internet connections will be tested by the network.
29. Configure your wireless settings. Logout.
30. Reboot all the devices and the laptop/desktop.
31. Follow the sequence when rebooting. (modem-router-laptop/desktop).
32. Open a browser and browse any website.
It may be the device you are trying to connect. shut down everything, unplug , remove batteries, plug in the ISP model, allow the self test, plug in the wireless device, allow it to self test, plug in, reboot the device, laptop, desktop, ipad, phone, whatever. You say you can connect using a Ethernet Cable? Just no connection wirelessly?
If the cables supplied have RJ45 connectors then they are used for connecting and configuring the wireless settings in Netgear router and to connect the Netgear to the DSL modem foe Internet access. Most likely the color of the cables is not important. To configure the wireless settings, connect a cable from one of the LAN ports (not the WAN/Internet port) to the LAN port on your computer. You may remove this cable after configuring the wireless settings if you want to connect to the Netgear by wireless only. You need to connect other computers to the Netgear's LAN port with a cable if they do not have wireless cards installed in these computers.
The other LAN cable is used to connect the Netgear WAN/Internet port to the DSL modem so you computers can connect to the Internet via the Netgear router.
If you connect the computer directly to the modem, does it work? If that works then the modem is working. Now connect the computer to the router and the modem to the router. You will need to open the set up page of the router to check the settings of the router. You can set up the router without the CD also. It is very easy. Click Here for step by step instructions about how to set up the router
Connect the lan cable from the dsl modem into the first port on your netgear router .. make sure your dsl modem is on PPPoE mode so that it autoconnects.. Now just connect to your wireless router via your pc interface.. *Do add a network key to your wireless network to avoid unwanted access
put the blue cable connection with the router and cable modem first.configure wireless setup.put the desktop rj45 connection to a free router rj45port.As u are getting internet on wireless check the desktop ip configuration.obtain auto ip configuration should be clicked.
-- what is the operating system of your computer? -- is this working fine before or is this a brand new router
you may try this and see if this help solve your problem. make sure your computer is directly connected to the router
Step 1: Shutdown the computer. Step 2: reset the router while power on then Unplug the router’s power cable. Step 3: Unplug the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for 30 seconds. Step 4: Plug in the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for its lights to appear stable. Step 5: Plug in the router's power cable once the modem’s lights appear stable. Step 6: Power on the computer on Step 7: test the Internet connection on both pc
if this still didnot work, upgrade the firmware of your router
Securely connect an end of an Ethernet cable to your computer, as shown.
Securely connect the other end to any of the router's four LAN ports.
Connect a second Ethernet cable from the router's single WAN port to the modem.
Make sure the modem is connected to the jack or cable to the Internet that was set up by your ISP.
Start your network in this order:
Turn the modem power off.
Turn the router power off.
Turn the modem power back on. Wait two minutes until the lights are stable.
Turn the router power back on. Wait one minute until the lights are stable.
Turn the computer power back on.
Open an Internet browser, and type http://192.168.0.1.
a "Configuration Assistant" appears immediately, then do not follow the
rest of these instructions. Follow the Configuration Assistant
instructions, instead. Once you are finished, test your Internet
connection by browing online, for example to http://kbserver.netgear.com.
Type admin for User Name, and password for Password. (Older routers use 1234 as the password.)
Click OK. This logs you into the router.
Click Setup Wizard, on the left of the router settings page and set up your router