An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: annoying blue light on volume control.. can it be...
The face plate is easy to take apart, just remove the face plate off the head unit and take the hex screws out and put a piece of tape over the bulb on the system board. Then put it back together again.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is the radio working fine? Are you using an amplifier? If so, you may be using the blue wire (power antenna remote turn on) instead of the blue/white wire (amplifier remote turn on) to turn you amp on. The antenna remote turns off when leaving tuner mode, turning the amp off.
Turn the unit off by pressing and holding the volume button till it powers down (NOT VIA THE IGNITION SWITCH!) Once off, press and hold the fuction button (located in the top left hand corner near the volume dial) until unit lights up again and a menu appears, near the end of that menu you can change the beep noises to off like volume or when ignition is off but unfortunatly you cannot change the beep for changing track.
press and hold the volume control dial. when a menu appears press the volume control button until clock adj appears. then press seek to change from hours to minutes. to adjust the hours and minutes just rotate the volume control dial
Here is how to shut off the demo:
1) Press and hold the SEL button for several second until DEMO appears on the display. Release your finger from the SEL button.
2) Using the Volume control knob, turn left or right to turn on/off DEMO.
3) Press and release the SEL button to accept.
Setting the clock:
1) Press and hold the SEL button for several seconds until the DEMO shows on the display.
2) Use the right search arrow in the 4-way button just above the SEL to get to the clock hour. Do not use the up or down key.
3) Turn the volume control knob to select the hour.
4) press the right arrow once more to get to the clock minute.
5) Turn the volume control knob to select the minute.
6) When finish, press and release the SEL to accept.
Press and hold the volume control knob until the setup menu appears. Press and release the knob repeatedly until you see "Clock--Adj". Press the "DISP" button. Turn the volume knob to set the hours. Press DISP again, and turn the knob to set minutes. When you're done, press the volume knob again.
Download a new owner's manual here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=CDXGT200®ion_id=1