Have u tried cleaning the laser, and not with a cleaning disk as the lense on these are concaved and the cleaning disk only gets the edges, this would mean removing the Blu-ray unit stripping it and cleaning lense with cotton buds and lense cleaning fluid.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try to play music cd's and other games to see if the Wii will read anything. Make sure the discs are clean as well. If the Wii is still not playing anything then that means the drive is bad and would need to be replaced.
If its happening on different games, and the discs are not dirty it shouldn't and it means its faulty. Dont clean it or do anything to it , return it to the store where you bought it or get on the playstation website and get onto thier support people for a replacement.
You have probably only 2 options on this one.
1. Try using compressed air. If there is anything keeping the disc from being read, i.e. dust on the lens or some other obstruction, you don't want to touch the laser. Open up the UMD tray and spray out the inside of the tray. This will remove anything that might be causing the system to stop reading discs.
2. If that doesn't work, then the only other option would be to call Sony. It won't be fun if you're out of warranty. The system does carry a 1 year limited warranty, but this should be covered. Oh, Sony can look up the date of purchase if you don't have your receipt, so don't 'fold' if they tell you that you need the receipt. Just tell them to look it up by the serial number.
See if a DVD works. For me, I know my Bluray is ruined because I can watch DVDs and play PS2 games fine but anything Bluray does not work. If a DVD does not work, you have more of a problem, if DVD does work you need a new BlueRay which Sony should take care of for you. If you don't have receipt, etc. like me you can buy a new Bluray (KES-400AAA) on Ebay and use this guide to install it http://edpsystemssupport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=45.
Hope that helps.
im very sorry to hear this it has happend to me aswell. actualy im on my third ps3 all had the same malfunction. its nothing you can treat from the out side you can try to reformat and restore system defaults but it had no effect on any of mine. you may be able to fix it your self. try this link i realy hope you can fix it.i have read many post on this same thing your not alone im on number 3 because of this awful malfuction it could be very simple to fix like a dirty lense or the lense slider is stuck. i dont recommend useing a cleaning disk they dont make any for blue ray lense.the lense is very sensetive good luck dont lose hope.http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?forum_id=1&thread_id=73887&start=60
i had the exact same problem, was playing call of duty4 online turned it off, woke up next morning and no games would load up. so i rang game-station where i brought it from before christmas and told them, all they said to me was bring it in and we will replace it with a new 1, they could'nt offer any advice on how to get it working :( so i dont no if they have come across this problem before and sony have just told them to replace it. but i didnt want to loose all my saved data, or my online rankin with call of duty so i asked them what they could do, they said they could swap the hard-drive i have atm, and put it in a new machine but they dont no if it will carry or my data over, and id properly loose all my online rankings,and rating. so id have to start all over again which will realy anoy me.