Question about Canon PowerShot A470 Digital Camera
My camera goes off as soon as in insert the usb cable to the computer. when i click on cmera window, it keeps telling me to connect my phone to the computer and retry. please help me i just bought the camera yesterday.
Consider NOT connecting your camera to your computer.
The best way to download pictures from your camera to your computer involves removing the memory card from the camera and plugging it into a card reader (either built-in to the computer or connected via USB or FireWire). This is likely to be faster than connecting the camera to the computer, and won't run down your camera's batteries.
Once the card is plugged in, it will appear to your computer as a removable drive. You can use the operating system's drag&drop facility to copy pictures from the card to the computer's hard drive, the same way you copy any other files. Or you can use any photo cataloging program such as Picasa.
Posted on May 31, 2012
Yes as Dovi said in the post, you have probably installed XP drivers if you have used the cd rom that came with the camera and they will not work, as Vista is not supported with a driver. I cannot find anything about your SD1000 on the Canon web site, unless there is a similair model you can check. http://software.canon-europe.com/
Posted on Jul 30, 2007
This works for Windows98
1. Uninstall the Canon camera software.
2. Search for "Canon" in the registry. Delete ALL references associated with Canon camera in the registry. Just uninstalling the software will not work. Do not delete any other references to Canon products (printers, etc).
3. Re-install the Canon camera software.
I've had to do this several times. Works every time.
Posted on May 17, 2008
I had the same problem. My problem was that there were more than 1,000 images stored on the memory card. Once I deleted some of the images from the camera memory card, I was able to download pictures again.
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
Go get a card reader and transfer your images thru that. That's the only way I ever transfer my images from camera to computer. You can get one relatively inexpensive...that is...if your computer doesn't already have a card slot in it.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
Most of the issues can be solved by either reinstalling the software or by disconnecting and reconnecting the device.
In this case we can close in on three solutions
1) The USB drive in the system is not functioning. Try connecting any other USB devices to the same USB port and check whether it works or not. If the other device works well then it could be a problem with the data cable or with the port in the camera (usually firewire)
2) The data cable used to transfer data might have become faulty.Try using another data cable if possible and still the same issue continues then try connecting another camera to the system and if the other camera gets detected then the problem must be with the camera.
3) Try connecting the same camera to another system and see whether the camera gets detected. If no, then the port in the camera is defective.
After this we can close in on which could be faulty. data cable / Computer / Camera.
Posted on May 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2011 | Cameras
Apr 16, 2011 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Mar 30, 2011 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W80 Digital Camera
Mar 13, 2011 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S730 Digital Camera
Dec 20, 2009 | Cameras
Nov 07, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE Z1285 Digital Camera
Oct 22, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S650 Digital Camera
Sep 25, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera
May 14, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S730 Digital Camera
Nov 04, 2007 | Canon PowerShot SD500 / IXUS 700 Digital...
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: