Question about Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
I got a Compaq Presario Laptop & I bought a headset with amicrophone connected with that. The headphone works properly...... Butthe Micropjone doesn't work. & I have tried even the option youhave sugessted already ( double clicking the speaker icon & goto toOption & mark the microphone option & adjusting the volume ).But, it was already marked in Microphone.
dupreeness, Maybe the problem is in your Mic.
Make sure you have no extra button on your headphones that lets your turn on/off the mic. If you have one, try moving it to On if it is Off, then try your headphones.
tascorp1, Your problem is that you need to install another Driver for your Sound Card. Even the one you using now is working fine, but the suitable driver is not that.
Try looking Here for your Laptop's version ,then download another driver:
I hope these problem will be solved.
Posted on Nov 06, 2008
Ok dupeeness i'm not sure what headphones you have so lets start with the ones that plug into the jack on your computer, now i'm not sure what were you are saying by going to the speaker so i'll explain it from the start,
1. Double click the speaker icon
2. click on options then make sure advance is ticked, if not click on it, then also click on properties.
3. if you have a mixer choose input recording..if not click in the recording radio button so its selected.
4. click ok
5. the box on the top should say recording properties.....or recording control......now make sure microphone has a check in it at the bottom.....and push the slider right up to begin with.
if there is an advance button on the bottom under the microphone slider click on it choose boost or gain......if not just close it by clicking the red x at the top
now your microphone is selected so we can test it......to do this....
1. go to start button choose all programs then go to accessories.....choose entertainment then sound recorder.....this is like a tape recorder hit the record button talk a couple sentences...then hit the stop .....rewind it and then hit play to see if works......
now if its still not working try this
1. plug the opposite plug into the mic the one that you normally put in the speaker, now try recording again talking loud into the ear peace on the headset they will act like a microphone and no i'm not kidding lol......they do..this will test to see if it's your mic.....of course when you play back the sound should come out your speakers.....
hope this helps.
Posted on Nov 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2011 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jan 02, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario V6000T 15.4" Notebook...
Oct 07, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Apr 26, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario 2200 Notebook
Dec 26, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Dec 19, 2008 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Jul 24, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Apr 15, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: