- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There back cover is snap locked into place. Look around the outer edge carefully and you'll see small slots. Insert a small flathead screwdriver into these slots and work around the whole TV to release the snap locks.
You may follow the below mentioned steps to replace the lamps :
1. Power off the LCD TV. Unplug the AC power cord from the television and the electrical socket or power strip. 2. Locate the plastic or rubber grommets or screw hole covers on the rear edges of the LCD TV. Use an awl or small flat head screwdriver remove the rubber pieces from the screw holes by gently inserting the tool into the hole and prying out the cap. Note that on a few LCD TVs, the grommets or screw hole covers may be on the front face of the unit. 3. Loosen and remove the screws in the holes from which you removed the plastic or rubber grommets. Set the screws aside and keep them together. 4. Remove the plastic shield that protects the input ports on the rear of the TV if the unit has one. To remove the shield, use the awl to pry the plastic tabs loose or remove the retaining screws with the screwdriver. 5.Use the flat head screwdriver or awl to separate the front and rear pieces of the monitor casing. Start on the lower edge of the casing and gently pry the two pieces apart. Work your way around the outer edge of the television and separate the tabs until you can pull the front face off the casing. Remove the front bezel piece from the television. 6. Locate the inverter board below the LCD screen on the TV. The inverter board is small circuit board with wire connector plugs on either side. Disconnect the plug on the right side of the inverter board that leads to the backlight lamp bulb. 7. Use the Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws on the edges of the LCD screen that attach it to the rear part of the TV casing. After you remove all of the screws that secure the LCD screen, place the screen face down on a soft towel. 8. Remove the screws that secure the back light lamp in its track. If the wire leading from the back light lamp to the inverter board uses clamps or ties to secure the cable, disconnect or remove them. Remove the backlight lamp from the TV casing. 9. Insert the new backlight lamp into the track and secure with the retaining screws you removed from the old bulb assembly. Run the wire through the clamps or ties as needed to position the wire plug next to the inverter board. 10. Realign the LCD screen with the screw holes in the rear part of the TV casing. Insert the retaining screws and tighten them. Connect the wire plug from the back light lamp to the inverter board. 11. Replace the front part of the TV casing and snap into place. Reinsert the retaining screws in the holes on the rear of the TV and tighten with the Phillips screwdriver. Replace the plastic or rubber grommets and push them into place securely. 12. Reconnect the AC power cord and plug it into the wall socket. Power on the TV and use normally.
This sounds like the LCD Back light Inverter board has failed. The board may need to be replaced. (First check the menu option to make sure the Back-light option is not set to zero or a really low value !) One test you can try is this. With the set on place a bright flashlight against the screen. Look around the edge of the flashlight. You should see an image moving. You can not see the full image because the back light is off ! You can find inverter boards for your set from; shopjimmy.com
other sites by search the internet.
IF YOU KNOW HOW TO WORK WITH ELECTRONICS REPAIR( replacing board) or have a friend with knowledge/skill you can fix it. >Unplug the set and disconnect any cables. > Lay the set face down on a cloth covered smooth surface. >Remove the back cover. > Remove the metal shielding covering the board > Disconnect the cables plugged into the board. > Remove the screws holding the board in place. > The new board should have the same part number as the board you are replacing. > Install the new board with screws. > Reconnect the cables. > Replace the metal shielding covering the board > Replace the back cover.
1. Turn the tv off and unplug it.
2. carefully access the back of the tv.
3. when facing the back of the tv on the lower left hand side there is a cover held on by two phillips screws remove this cover.
4. After cover is removed you can see the lamp which is also held in by two phillips screws, these screws only loosen and do not completely remove from the lamp.
5. after loosening the screws there is a handle in the center of the lamp, take the lamp by the handle and remove it from the tv.
6. reverse this process to install lamp.
I hope this helps you. After you replace your lamp make sure you reset the hours for your lamp. Press tv menu, select the setup menu, and then select the lamp reminder option to reset hours to zero.
The stand is held on by four screws. Lay the tv face down on a flat surface. Cover the surface with a blanket first. Use a regular phillips screw driver. (If you have a users manual see page 7) The screws are the set just above the stand on the back of the set. The stand will then slide out.
There's likely a plastic cover on the back of the swivel stand. If so, remove it and you will find four to eight phillips screws. Take them out and the stand should come free. If there is no plastic cover, then there should be some screws in the back cover that go through the back cover and into the support. Remove the screws and gently remove the stand. Good luck. David
remove all the screws and start at the bottom and push in the tabs, and work around the edges, being careful not to pry too hard, the cover has clips all around the tv. after the bottom is free and one of the corners the cover will kind of pop off if you use the palm of your hand and lightly tap as you apply sum upward pressure.
You have to remove the base at the bottom (4 screws), all the screws on the back, then use a thin flat-head screwdriver or other thin brybar and work around the back panel unlatching the snaps that are in place.
After the back cover is off, the metal cover over the board and power supply can be removed by removing the screws around the outside lip of the cover, along with the screws on the bottom and right hand lip of the raised area in the back.