Question about GE Profile Harmony DPGT750EC Electric Dryer
Please help me locate the reset button on my Kitchen Aid dryer. It still runs, but no heat. Wondering if it just needs to be reset or its actually the heating element
if it is a top mount lint filter you can remove the back to get to it,if lint trap is inside the dryer you get to it in the front-do you have a meter?mike
Posted on May 24, 2009
Most heating elements can be accessed by removing the back cover of the dryer. Please unplufg the dryer first before starting this project.
Posted on Nov 09, 2007
remove the vent on the dryer that goes to the outside start the dryer if it continues to ru n and not cut off you have a venting problem of the house
if it cuts off after 5 mins with the vent off you have a motor that is going bad
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
SOURCE: cannot get front panel off
Remove the front panel by following these steps:
1. UNPLUG dryer before servicing.
2. Open lint screen and remove lint screen filter.
3. Remove the two screws at the lint screen opening.
4. The top panel with console, should lift up at this point (you may have to pull it towards you slightly if there are retaining clips holding it in place).
5. Unplug the door latch plug (small white connector plug).
6. Locate the retaining screws that hold the front panel in place. There should be one screw on each side of the cabinet interior at the upper left and right corners of the front panel.
7. With the screws and connector plugs removed, the front panel should lift up slightly, then come off.
NOTE: Note the position of the small retaining clips at the bottom left and right corners behind the front panel. These clips will insert into two slots at the bottom corners of the front panel to hold it in place when re-installing.
I hope you find this information helpful. If you still have questions, please let me know.
PS You can go to searspartdirect.com and type in the same model number you provided. There are helpful exploded view parts diagrams that can assist you. The "Top and Console" and "Cabinet" headings will help you with disassembly (if needed).
Posted on Sep 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2014 | Dryers
Jan 07, 2008 | Dryers
Jul 08, 2012 | Dryers
Sep 01, 2011 | LG DLG5988 Gas Dryer
Dec 28, 2010 | Kenmore 74602 Gas Dryer
Feb 26, 2010 | KitchenAid Dryers
Oct 03, 2009 | KitchenAid Dryers
Jul 10, 2009 | Dryers
Jun 11, 2009 | Whirlpool LEN2000PW Dryer
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: