Canon mp830.can't print from cd cassette i get an error: close print door first
When i load a dvd in the cd-r cassette to print a label on a printable discs I get an error message saying that I need to close the print door. This can't be done with the cassette in place as it has to be open to take the cassette. i have been through the menu, checked that the settings are correct to take cd's. can you help please.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: canon mp830.can't print from cd cassette i get an...
Make sure the driver has the correct media selected. You may have to select a "tray" to print from. This may be done using a button on the control panel, using the menu and LCD display, or by setting the software driver preferences.
If that does not solve the problem try deleting and reinstalling the driver. Don't forget to check the owners manual. It may have information on this problem
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I read on another site that you must wait until prompted on the screen to put the tray into position. Opening the inner door and loading the tray before asked to and then pressing OK was the key to fixing the problem on the MP830.
It's the simple things that always get you into trouble, I guess.
1) buy a printer with cd/dvd print tray - like canon 4500, it prints on printable dvd only (printable dvd's have a special white coat to absorb the ink).
2) buy a dvd burner that supports lightscribe like asus drw-1814bl (it prints black only on special coated "lightscribe dvd's"
3) NOT RECOMENDED but also possible, buy cd/dvd labels print on any printer and adhere to cd/dvd, usually over time the glue will destroy cd's and trapped air will make bubbles when the cd/dvd is hot (air expands in hot environment).
IT is easy once you have done it...it works a treat but you do have to check all the correct boxes.
(1) use cd label print that comes with the mp 600 ( i have a 600 not a 600 r) design the label and then hit print
(2) in paper size choose (cd r tray F )
(3) under the paper size box choose (quality and media)
(4) in media type choose ( printable disk recomended)
(5) in paper source choose (disk tray)
(6) hit print
make sure you have the cd loaded in the disk tray ready with the arrows lined up