Went to start up and turn twice, heard hard start then a clank and no longer had power to dash. Battery checks good and if I put jumper cables to it panel light however won't kick over. Any suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You might have a bad sensor, The bank angle sensor turns off the ignition system when it THINKS the bike is leaning over 55 degrees. . The sensor is located behind the electrical panel and can be checked with a magnet. Electrical probelms can be a *****. Start by checking your charging system. Put a voltmeter on your battery. It should read about 12.5. Turn the engine on and the reading should increase to about 13.5. If it decreases, its the regulator or stator.
I had a bad crank position sensor on my wideglide that took me hours to run down. Good luck. Let me know what you find
Probably as simple as a bad battery connection. Don't just look at them, disconnect, clean and retighten them. It is also possible that the battery opened up. Put a voltmeter across the terminals and read the voltage. If it is less than 10 volts the battery is junk. If it is more than 10 volts, turn on the ignition and if the voltage drops way off the battery is junk.
Check the battery connections, especially if you hear a click just before it goes dead. I know that on my bike, when this happens, the screws that hold the battery cables in place have backed out and not getting a good contact. You would think that with a bad contact that it would stay dead when you turn the key off then back on, but oddly, everything comes back on normally until I hit the starter button. Check the cables.
sounds like a possible voltage regulator problem.check to ensure battery terminals are tight.make sure there are no shorts.also first check for a blown fuse.that more than likely is your problem!!! ROBERT-BIG RED ONE !!!